Anna Marie's Reviews > Love by the Letter

Love by the Letter by Melissa Jagears

Time for something frontier-sy. With no sex, of any kind. I just didn't expect this book to be 'inspirational' fiction. And it was. It was also *super* short.

Dex has always loved Rachel, but she's so smart, she does math with the alphabet in it, and everyone knows she's headed to college. Besides, he's so dumb, he can't read what his ten year old nephew does. Who'd want him, a farmer who can barely spell his own name?

Rachel has always loved Dex, but all the men in town are intimidated by her smarts, and Dex keeps his distance, too. She'd give up her mother's dreams of her going to college in a heartbeat and go west to Kansas with Dex, if only he'd ask her. Which, of course, he does in this book. And it's all very clean and very sweet.

But the thing that really got me was the 'just because the Lord opens a door doesn't mean you have to go thru it' thing. It floored me. It's not every day I actually 'hear' something in a novel - even moreso when we're talking about chrischun-based fiction. So this dropped my jaw... and earned itself extra stars, in the offing.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love by the Letter.

Started Reading