Pink Beach's Reviews > Monkey Business

Monkey Business by Kathryn Ledson

I LOVED the first book in the series - Rough Diamond - an impressive, rollicking good fun debut novel set in my home town of Melbourne. In fact, I was rather surprised at how much I enjoyed it considering I've never been attracted to stories set in Australia before.

So I was eager to read the follow up book, Monkey Business , wondering if it would be half as good as the first. It turned out to be even better and twice as much fun, which is high praise indeed.

Aussie PR executive turned intrepid heroine, Erica Jewell, navigates her way through a web of intrigue and brave exploits when she ventures into hostile territory on a mysterious island looking for her elusive lover Jack, who's officially MIA on one of his covert missions.

She's confronted by a cast of crazy characters and deadly critters who are so well drawn, and her misadventures so well written, that you feel like you're travelling around the island right alongside her wondering what on earth is going to happen to her next.

Once again the dialogue and prose is witty and easy to read with plenty of laugh out loud moments and constant chuckles between the pages. This is another light-hearted, breezy romp that'll keep you absorbed and entertained. You'll find yourself turning the pages with trepidation and rooting for Erica to triumph as she steps in and out of one dangerous situation after another, desperate to save her man from the clutches of the bad guys.

The story was a real trip, literally and figuratively. It was so much fun to read I didn't want it to end and hope there's more to come from this hilarious and imaginative author.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Monkey Business.

December 29, 2013 – Shelved