Kirstie Ellen's Reviews > World After

World After by Susan Ee

bookshelves: dystopian, young-adult, paranormal, fantasy

I found World After to be vastly different from Angelfall, it's much more developed and there's a whole heap more action. I didn't want to stop reading when the pages ran out. Need. More. Raffe.
The actual plot line of this book is fantastic, the horrors of the world after are consistent with those addressed in Angelfall. Raffe is just as beautiful as before, if not more so.

One of my favourite things about this books if definitely Clara's story, and also Paige's - definitely some lessons to be learnt there. I so just want to give Paige a huge hug. Penryn is as strong and stubborn as ever and seems more comfortable in this hell that has become her world. Which subsequently makes me also feel more comfortable with the reality of what she's faced with. I find myself wanting to jump up and fight beside her - let off all that pent up stress that been eating away at me as I'm practically flinching during the fighting scenes. Wow.

I was so hoping for a conclusive ending to this book, but alas there is not. The whole action scene with Pooky Bear is top notch! I really enjoyed that part, I also think I'm in love with that sword - such sass. That scene was just like, oh snap! And IN YOUR FACE BELIEL!

I feel like this book matured from the first as there's clearly less need to rely totally on the resistance. There was a lot of action, horrifying creatures and situations and Dee and Dum were just gold - despite their very brief featuring in this book. I guess there was plenty that happened, and I'm just frustrated with Raffe. I SO wanted more action between them, it was just shy of being satisfying. Gah. Seriously frustrated with him right now. I'm just crossing my fingers in hope that they'll be a book three and we'll finally get the juicy conclusion we've all been waiting for between Penryn and Raffe.

World After is totally addictive, I could not put it down. The short chapters left me unable to pause, I just HAD to know what was going to happen next, in short I absolutely loved the book. The world Penryn lives in is amazingly developed and you're on the edge of your seat the entire time, stressing about how on earth she's going to get herself out of the ridiculously terrifying situation she always ends up in.

If you enjoyed Angelfall and are umming and erring as to whether World After will live up to it, let me reassure you: it will.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read World After.

December 28, 2013 – Shelved