Crazy for Books (Stephanie)'s Reviews > Troubles and Treats

Troubles and Treats by Tara Sivec

bookshelves: funny, romance, series-sequels, contemporary-romance, borrowed

3.5 FUNNY STARS

Drew and Jenny have been married for several years, now have two small children, and have settled into domesticity. The problem is that ever since Jenny got pregnant with their four month old, Billy, their sex live has been nonexistent. With the advice for their friends, hilarity, miscommunication and missed opportunities abound. That is until Drew realizes that Jenny just needs some help and Jenny realizes she needs to learn to communicate with her husband.

I love this series. I can honestly say I haven't read anything as funny in a while. I don't know if it was because Gavin wasn't in it as much or the main couple means so much to me, but this one lost just a tiny bit of its spark. Wasn't as funny as the other two, which had me in stitches at least every two pages. This one, I just wanted to shake Jenny and Drew and tell them to talk to each other. I don't know why any of the other couples didn't realized that Jenny just needed some much needed rest/sleep and take the kids for a weekend or something. I just felt the problem lasted too long.

But, saying all that, there were hilarious moments. I loved the new friend, Jackson, and the fact that Jenny still doesn't know what so many words mean.

I will still read anything Tara Sivec writs. She's a funny lady.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Troubles and Treats.

December 27, 2013 – Started Reading
December 27, 2013 – Shelved
December 29, 2013 – Finished Reading
January 1, 2014 – Shelved as: funny
January 4, 2014 – Shelved as: romance
January 4, 2014 – Shelved as: series-sequels
January 4, 2014 – Shelved as: contemporary-romance
January 4, 2014 – Shelved as: borrowed

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Christy Drew is my favorite in the series <333

Great review!

Crazy for Books (Stephanie) Christy wrote: "Drew is my favorite in the series <333

Great review!"

Thanks Christy. I loved Gavin!

Kara oh my this series was great

Crazy for Books (Stephanie) Kara wrote: "oh my this series was great"

Kara Crazy for Books (Stephanie) wrote: "Kara wrote: "oh my this series was great"

Oh yes. I have a friend at my office currently reading it because I was going on and on about it."

see... that makes it a GREAT book! I love those that we have to shout from the mountains!

Crazy for Books (Stephanie) Kara wrote: "Crazy for Books (Stephanie) wrote: "Kara wrote: "oh my this series was great"

see... that makes..."

Exactly. She started reading it today and is already telling me how much she likes it.