Rosalind M's Reviews > Gravity's Revenge

Gravity's Revenge by A.E. Marling

bookshelves: fantasy

Glad to find out that this is not the last of the Enchantress series. I first checked Amazon before DREAM STORM SEA was posted, so when I finished this book, I was left mixed feelings about the ever-wavering state of the Fos-Hiresha-Tethiel triad. Tethiel's dark nature makes for an uneasy companionship, but the continued mistrust of others (even in the face of his moments of heroism) has me rooting more for him than for Hiresha and Fos at times. It'll be interesting to see whose instincts are true as the story progresses further.

I understand that a certain disconnection to her feelings/intuition is a facet of Hiresha's personality. However, the disconnect occasionally became distracting to me, similar to those moments when a movie hero gets repeatedly punched in the head yet shows little immediate reaction to the blow. But I've become sensitive to the reality that's often not inherent in stories meant to entertain-- that person who sits in the audience after a battle of heroes and villains and wonders, "Who's going to pay for all of those repairs?"
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gravity's Revenge.

Finished Reading