Angie's Reviews > Possessed By Desire

Possessed By Desire by Elisabeth Naughton

bookshelves: after-dark, fantasy-romance

Synopsis: "Even desire comes at a price…

Imprisonment has taught Ashur, the youngest djinn prince enslaved by a power-hungry sorceress, one thing: life as a pleasure slave has its rewards…if you play by the rules. He’s been tortured. He’s nearly died protecting a tribe that’s forsaken him. But he’s also seen life on the other side as an obedient slave. For a shot at revenge against the brothers who abandoned him, he’s willing to serve his master, even if it means using passion to corrupt the souls she needs to fuel her immortality.

His first assignment, however, turns out to be more than just a woman in need of a little pleasure. Claire is an angel, and angels have the ability to steal djinn powers. No amount of vengeance—not even a ravenous desire he can’t seem to control—is worth the loss of his powers. And there’s no way he’s tangling with a celestial being.

Unless, of course, she tangles with him first…"

My Review: This series just keeps getting better and better, I don't want it to end!!! I have really come to love all the characters, flaws and all. The storyline for this book seemed a lot more intense than the previous two books and had some great underlying messages. Again while it did a great job of rounding out the series, I can't help but wish it didn't have to end. I want so much more and I want to revisit some of the sub-characters we briefly met, but I guess that is a testament to the author that she created such a great world and characters that I don't want to leave. True to the phrase 'leave them wanting more'.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Possessed By Desire.

December 27, 2013 – Shelved