Laurel-Rain's Reviews > The K-Frost Caper

The K-Frost Caper by James Blakley

What does a cold case in Alabama have to do with a dead body in Miami?

Charmed Life Mutual Insurance wants to know, since a "body" with the same name—Kelvin Frost—allegedly drowned years before in Alabama, and someone collected $50,000 in life insurance.

Luna Nightcrow, an investigator, is off to Miami to find out if there is a connection between the "Kelvin Frosts." But what she discovers is so much more, not just insurance fraud and identity theft ...and in her efforts to untangle the clues, she meets a sexy detective, a celebrity psychic, a museum director, and assorted suspicious types.

"The K-Frost Caper" is a fun romp with a twisted plot that had me turning those pages until the very end. And if you wonder about what happens, if anything, between Luna and the sexy detective...well, keep reading!

I liked the characters, the settings, and how the investigators used technology to their advantage. Definitely a read for mystery lovers, the story also had a noir effect that conjured up images of Miami Vice and other blasts from the past. 4.5 stars.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The K-Frost Caper.

December 26, 2013 – Shelved
December 26, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
February 1, 2014 – Started Reading
February 6, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by James (new)

James Blakley Ms. Laurel-Rain Snow,

Thank you for reading and reviewing my novel. Your review is short and to the point. But, its many tantalizing character descriptions, entertainment cross references, and plot teasers make for a depth of insight that will definitely prove useful to those who are deciding whether to give THE K-FROST CAPER a try.

All the best,
James

Laurel-Rain I'm glad you liked the review, James....your book had me hooked until the very end. I predict many new readers!