Elyse Bradley's Reviews > The Supernaturalist

it was ok
bookshelves: english-420
Read in December, 2009

Genre: Science Fiction/Orphans/Supernatural

Colfer sets this novel in the distant future where technology and society have advanced beyond the imagination. The story follows 14 year old Cosmo Hill who escapes from an abusive orphanges only to be adopted into a vigilante group of supernatural crimefighters. Hunting down blue beings that supposedly suck the life force out of dying individuals, Cosmo and his friends realize that they have been fighting the wrong enemy all along. This novel was way over the top in terms of futuristic technological lingo. The characters were intersting, but lacked development that allows a reader to identify with them. While it did provide a few unexpected twists at the end of the story, I thought that it was missing an overall connection with readers. It might be interesting for teenage boys over the age of 13 to read, but the story is not really grabbing enough for any other audience and I wouldn't recommend reading it to anyone I know.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Supernaturalist.