Marion's Reviews > The Lost Hero

The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan

Dec 25, 2013

liked it
bookshelves: fantasy, 2016, young-adult

Ok, couple things before I give a proper rating...

EDIT: You can now read my review on The Illiterate Reader.

SPOILERS. Maybe.

Percy disappears, Annabeth gets prophecy saying "go to this place, the boy with one shoe will lead you to Percy". Basically. Annabeth goes to place, finds boy with one shoe, and says "no, that's not right, this boy is not Percy, the prophecy was rubbish"... Dude! The prophecy never told you the boy with one shoe would be your boyfriend, it essentially said he would help you on your journey to find Percy. Weren't you supposed to be smart?

Everything is so damn convenient! Oh hey, let's randomly crash in that random house. Oh look, random house belongs to someone from Greek mythology who will eventually help me in my quest, whether he does it willingly or not.
Let's have a God appear in a dream to guide our worthy heroes. God gives words of wisdom. Next chapter, 2 pages later, something the God was referencing happens. Oh goodness me the coincidence of it all! What were the odds?

Heroes meet the queen of snow. She's a cold bitch and wants to kills them but is forbidden to do so. When the heroes go on their way, their mode of transportation has its wires frozen and makes them dive to a certain death. But say, how in the world would that vehicule froze when the weather wasn't even cold? So weird. No idea how that would happen.

Was Percy so dumb and clueless in his own series? I can't remember.

And where the hell was Grover?

That being said, I did enjoy my time reading the book and I'll definitely read the rest of the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost Hero.

December 25, 2013 – Shelved