Mike (the Paladin)'s Reviews > The Light Fantastic

The Light Fantastic by Terry Pratchett

bookshelves: fantasy

If you read The Color of Magic, you most probably got this book as the the one preceding it (the aforementioned The Color of Magic) ended with Rincewind falling off the edge of the Discworld.... talk about a "cliff-hanger ending". In this one we'll go from there to what could be the end of the Discworld itself and possibly, well everything else. It all depends on Rincewind....scary thought that.

"Synopsisizers" (I believe I just made that word up, so bear with me, please) anyway, "the people who write synopses" love to say books (and for that matter movies, TV programs, songs, poems, and everthing else) are "irreverent". They think this will appeal to the rebel in each of us I suppose. In this case Pratchett's writings do tend to skewer "dogmas" but he does it pretty much across the board getting the irreligious as well as the religious. I'm a Christian and haven't found myself "outraged" to the point of hurling the book across the room or anything. I enjoy Sir Terry's work and while I'd probably disagree with him across the board on spiritual matters, I think I'd like him.

I think that most anyone with an open mind (and maybe are sure what they themselves actually believe and realize that this is that arcane "thing" called "humor")can enjoy the Discworld books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Light Fantastic.

Finished Reading