Angie's Reviews > Falke's Renegade

Falke's Renegade by Madison Layle

liked it
bookshelves: after-dark, paranormal-romance

Synopsis: "Book three of Puma Nights

Veterinarian Heidi Falke can tell that something isn't as it seems when she rescues an injured jaguar. Black jaguars aren't native to the area, and as a Falke, Heidi knows that some men can walk in the shape of a beast...literally. She won't let this seductive shapeshifter leave without getting some answers.

Javier Montero is on a mission: find the shapeshifter who killed his family and get the justice he deserves. This unexpected detour won't put him off for long, and what he has with Heidi can't be anything more than sex--even if it does feel different from anything he's ever known.

With Javier, Heidi discovers passion she never thought possible. She wants their connection to lead to a future together. Javier made a vow never to mate again after his loss...but if he wants to keep Heidi in his life, he'll have to decide how far he'll go for vengeance."

My Review: I love this series and was very happy to finally get the opportunity to read the third book in the series. I enjoy Heidi and really want the best for her after having to grow up with all those pushy brothers. I honestly am not a huge Javier fan, you never quite get the feeling that he is a good guy, there is that little feeling back there that he might just be one of the bad guys. That said I love him with Heidi. I also enjoyed the emotional journey of this book, there are a lot of ups and downs, underlying emotions that rise up and have the potential to destroy everything if the characters allow it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Falke's Renegade.

December 24, 2013 – Shelved