Kristin's Reviews > The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie

The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley

bookshelves: books-i-own

I really, really enjoyed this one! It wasn't quite what I expected, but at the same time it was exactly what I expected...if that makes any sense. :) Flavia is such a great narrator. She usually acts like an eleven year old girl (her spats with her sisters and all), though of course her narration style is not that of a child. I didn't seem to mind it too much, though. The mystery was really intriguing, and I actually figured out a couple of minor aspects of it before she did. :) There were a few times when the narration felt a bit slow and drawn out, or spots where I thought Flavia would definitely notice something or figure something out (given how smart she is), and she didn't. Or if she did, it took her longer than it should have. And there were a few random thought processes that I didn't quite understand. But overall, I really loved this book. It's exactly the sort of quirky mystery that I enjoy. I can't wait to read the rest of the series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie.

December 23, 2013 – Shelved