Pili's Reviews > Collide

Collide by Melissa  West

liked it
bookshelves: 105-challenge-review-books, arcs

I got approved for Collide on NetGalley (thank you Entangled Teen!) so it was the push I needed to finally read Hover and I was quite glad to do so because the ending of Hover was a cliffhanger of the evil category!

Collide starts back on Earth, shortly after the ending of Hover, with Ari betrayed, injured and completely confused and out of the loop, worried sick about Jackson. This Ari is back to the act before you think that she was in Hover, but I could understand that given the shock of finding herself in hostile territory instead of returning home as she hoped.

It was clear that there was something going on that no one knew about, some plot that Ari and the rest failed to see because they were so focused on preparing to fight Zeus. It wasn't exactly unexpected for me, but I also failed to understand the motivation behind the conspiration, since it was never really explained better than your typical bid for power and control.

My favourite part of the book has to be Ari & Jackson's relationship, once Ari finally stopped throwing herself at everything and anything head first! Her character growth in this one was very much welcome, because she started realizing her strenghts, starting allowing others to help her and she finally allowed Jackson to support her and herself to be weak at times. They made a simply amazing team!

The final part of the book was a bit crazy with all the betrayals, mental manipulations, deaths and loss. The pacing was insanely fast but I was rather taken aback with one last minute introduction/twist that was resolved too easily so I'm not sure what the point of that was...

We get a very nice epilogue at the end that closes everything rather nicely and allows us to see a hopeful future and gives us closure in a better way than the ending per se did. Once again 3 stars for this final book.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Collide.

December 22, 2013 – Shelved
December 22, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
January 31, 2015 – Started Reading
January 31, 2015 – Shelved as: 105-challenge-review-books
January 31, 2015 – Shelved as: arcs
January 31, 2015 –
22.0% "I do hope Ari will realize that she needs to think first and react later damn it!"
January 31, 2015 –
25.0% "Finally! Ari using her brain before throwing herself at someone!"
January 31, 2015 –
42.0% "Finally! Ari is growing up, trusting others and working in a team!"
January 31, 2015 –
60.0% "Shit is hitting the fan now, but I like how Ari & Jackson are a great team!"
January 31, 2015 –
73.0% "I knew that! Although I still have no idea why..."
February 1, 2015 – Finished Reading