Rachel's Reviews > The White Towers

The White Towers by Andy Remic

Dec 22, 2013

Read in April, 2014

ARC courtesy of NetGalley.

Because Iron Wolves was one of my favorite reads of 2013, I jumped at the opportunity to get my greedy eyes on the next installment in the Rage of Kings series.

True to the cardinal rule of cliffhangers, White Towers picks-up where Iron Wolves left off and doesn’t let-up for 464-pages. Returning for readers’ pleasure are such iron wolves nemesis as the Red Thumb Gang, King Yoon, a stray iron wolf and also the elf rats. While new to readers, the elf rats are the stuff of Vagandrak’s nightmares and they are back with a vengeance.

Similar to the likes of Joe Abercrombie and Mark Lawrence, Andy Remic constructs a gritty and engaging series populated with compelling anti-heroes readers cheer for to win, but whom we do not pity when they lose. Remic is particularly effective in contextualizing our (anti) heroes, through the use of flashbacks and a growing self-awareness of among our morally-challenged champions.

Remic’s ability to spin a yarn sucked me right back into the world of the Iron Wolves and kept me reading much, much too late at night. I neglected my work, my studies, my dog, my children and even my marital duties to get to the next page… and I don’t regret a minute of it.

White Towers is a solid, satisfying read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The White Towers.