Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)'s Reviews > The Prospective Wife

The Prospective Wife by Kim Lawrence

This wasn't a bad book. It just didn't inspire any particular fire in me as I read it. I did like that the heroine was a physical therapist. That part resonates because I have been in PT recently. Also the hero recovering from physical injuries. I did find the interactions between Kat and Matt cute. I felt the reasons for them breaking up were a bit contrived, and their getting together seemed rather quick and not well-plotted. I really like reading this author, and I've read some very good books by her, so that's probably why this one didn't impress me that much. I think if this was a book by a new to me author, I would have thought it was good and made a note to read more by her. But in the case of being a long-time fan of this author, I think my expectations were higher than what this book delivered.

In the end, this was okay, but it didn't have enough HP zing factor. A pleasant weekend read, but not anything that hit my reading satiety centers.

Overall rating: 3.5/5.0 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Prospective Wife.

December 2, 2009 – Shelved
June 28, 2010 – Shelved as: harlequin-presents
June 30, 2010 – Shelved as: category-contemporary-romance
April 17, 2011 – Shelved as: owned-copy
May 19, 2012 – Started Reading
May 19, 2012 –
0.0% "Physical therapists rock!"
May 19, 2012 – Finished Reading
May 20, 2012 – Shelved as: sexual-harassment
May 20, 2012 – Shelved as: modern-virgin-heroine
May 21, 2012 – Shelved as: nursed-back-to-health
May 21, 2012 – Shelved as: medical-profession

message 1: by MelissaB (new)

MelissaB Nice review Danielle!

I haven't been too impressed with this author's last few books I read. Actually, it's been awhile since I have found a good HP!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) Thanks, Melissa. I am coming out of a profound reading slump, and I actually felt energized to read this weekend. I think that's part of why I was more disappointed with this book.

I hope that you end up enjoying Undone by His Touch. I feel that was a very good HP!

message 3: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully Fab review Dr D!

message 4: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully Melissa have you read Girl in the Bedouin Tent? I can slip it into your box :-)

message 6: by MelissaB (new)

MelissaB AgentScully wrote: "Melissa have you read Girl in the Bedouin Tent? I can slip it into your box :-)"

Too late Agent Scully but I already bought it - but thanks for the offer! I pretty much buy every sheikhy Harly