Amit Srivastava's Reviews > The Black Hole War: My Battle with Stephen Hawking to Make the World Safe for Quantum Mechanics

The Black Hole War by Leonard Susskind

This is an awesome book on Black Holes. And about one of the greatest intellectual wars in the recent times. Though the core theme of the book is the information paradox pertaining to the Black Hole physics, the book covers the fundamentals of some of the fundamental sciences (esp. Quantum Mechanics, QCD, String Theory) that lead to a better understanding of what happens in and around black holes. There a good deal of explanation around what 'Information' is. I had heard Leonard Susskind on a few popular science documentaries. Not everyone can explain things well. But Susskind can. The book also led me to some interesting (and disturbing) stuff that we were never taught. Like, energy may not be conserved in general relativity!!!! We'll, it is not that simple, but then, no one really understands :)

There have been some very recent developments around the Black Holes. So better read this book before the information becomes obsolete!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Black Hole War.

December 21, 2013 – Started Reading