Erin's Reviews > Kiss Me at Midnight

Kiss Me at Midnight by Diane Alberts

bookshelves: for-blog-review

This was a great quickie steamy romance to curl up to for the holidays! I love the former best friends turned lovers plot, and Ethan and Ashley had both the sweet and the sexy with their hidden love becoming a giant ball of sexual tension. Years apart found both of them going their separate ways, Ashley throwing her social life away for a career in medicine and Ethan running from the past to prove he wasn’t the loser everyone always said he was. It didn’t matter, though, because on New Year’s Eve, when both of them were looking for that quick fix and reminiscing about that one that got away, they were right back where they started.

I really liked these characters, and that doesn’t always happen with novellas for me. They’d been torn apart by a misunderstanding that led to a whole lot of heartache, and for such a short story I was pleasantly surprised when their heartache tugged a bit at my emotions. I loved both versions of Ethan; the geek who fell for his BFF and had his heart mistakenly obliterated, and the sexy and confident man who knew how to take what he wanted but had a big heart underneath. He was so adamant about putting his torment and his hometown behind him, but seeing Ashley threw it all back in his face. His sweet adolescent love for her was just adorable, and his reaction to losing her was such a sad turn for the both of them. But as much as I wanted to dwell on the time they wasted, I loved them coming together as adults who’d seen more of life and learned from it.

So back to the yummy stuff, which would be how delectable Ethan was and how much they rocked each other’s worlds! When all of their past was laid out on the table and they admitted how hot they were for each other, Ethan shows yet another side of his personality, which was his alpha-male status, and it was HOT! Yep, he knew just how to make his lady happy and easily brought out the vixen in Ashley. He was a fun, sexy character, and even though his decisions made a pretty quick turn-around after insisting for so long that they wouldn’t, I couldn’t help but be happy about it.

Thankfully, we aren’t left in the dark as to where Ashley and Ethan’s future will lead either, so when this story wrapped up it was just right and left me smiling! I really enjoyed this story, and I definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a quick sweet and saucy read!

Quotes:

Ashley flopped back on the couch, blinking into the empty living room. If she wasn’t sore between her thighs and favoring her right ass cheek, she’d swear she just imagined that whole thing with Ethan. ~p. 35

Yet another reason he hated this town. You couldn’t fart sideways without Father Rick hearing about it and inviting you to come to confession Saturday afternoon. ~p. 64

“If you say so.” She canted her head and offered him a small smile. “Do me.”
“Excuse me?” He cocked a brow. “I thought I just did.” ~p. 84

Find this and more of my reviews at:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss Me at Midnight.

December 19, 2013 – Started Reading