Laz's Reviews > Eclipse

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer

liked it
bookshelves: books-i-own, young-adult, vampires, romance, fantasy

Can't help feeling slightly disappointed by this. Having seen the movie, I expected tons of action. Instead I got none. I also got lots of Bella whining. I can't seem to make up my mind on whether I like or her this character. I always seem to change my mind when I'm about to make a decision.

We all can agree that Meyer isn't the best of writers, but she's not bad either. I just wish that the book was a little more involved in action and be less about Bella's indecisiveness on whether or not she is in love with Jacob. The love triangle has me cussing. I am not overly fond of Jacob, not because he's trying to steal Bella from Edward, not even close. I don't like him that much because he's pretty immature. I even think that maybe, just maybe if he'd just let Bella make up her mind on her own, maybe she'd even choose him. But forcing himself on her, either directly or backstab-bishly.

I really believe that if Meyer would be less hell-bent on describing all the ways Bella loves Edward or how she's in love with two people at the same time, and instead created some action sequences, it would have been a really good book and an excellent series overall. If I were her, I'd probably have written the book in a multiple pov manner (more Bella and Edward of course, but why not some of the wolf pack or the other Cullens?) and in that way we'd see many more things.

I will, of course, read the next book. I had liked both parts of the movie so why shouldn't I like the book, especially if it's more condensed. I like the drama but I want some action and variety, too. The next book better give it to me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eclipse.

December 20, 2013 – Shelved
July 25, 2015 – Shelved as: young-adult
July 25, 2015 – Shelved as: vampires
July 25, 2015 – Shelved as: romance
July 25, 2015 – Shelved as: fantasy

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin The first and last movies and first and last book were my favorite. The other two were just depressing and off a bit.

message 2: by Laz (new) - rated it 3 stars

Laz Melissa wrote: "The first and last movies and first and last book were my favorite. The other two were just depressing and off a bit."

I like the third movie as well. The second isn't my cup of tea but I had loved the action and the constant stress and the book was depressing instead with none of the action I had witnessed in the movie. Maybe that's why I am disappointed.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin I don't know. New moon depressed me so much because of the best friend thing. It's a long personal story. I need to go back and read the books again. Either way I still love them all, but I digress.

message 4: by Mai (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mai Will you also read Brees sidestory?

message 5: by Oliwia (new)

Oliwia First movie was just bad in my opinion. I really like the third movie. I only read Twilight and I gave it 3/5 stars, it was ok. ;))

message 6: by Laz (new) - rated it 3 stars

Laz Mai wrote: "Will you also read Brees sidestory?"

Yes, I plan to. ^^

message 7: by Laz (new) - rated it 3 stars

Laz Oliwia wrote: "First movie was just bad in my opinion. I really like the third movie. I only read Twilight and I gave it 3/5 stars, it was ok. ;))"

The movie was indeed not that good. It's not the best series there is out there but definitely not the worst.

Desiree Santana It's a paranormal romance so why would it not go into the romance lol??