Jaime Atkins's Reviews > White Witch, Black Curse

Nov 30, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: read-in-2010
Read from June 04 to 09, 2010

** spoiler alert ** What the??????...... It took me forever to finish this book because it felt like the whole series just took a jump off a cliff and I didn't have a clue where the story was going to land. If I hadn't read any of the other books, I would have given this book a higher rating because it's not that it was bad, but CONFUSING.

Going into this book, I was hoping Kisten was the one trying to contact Rachel, but nooooo, it was some weird turn of the century ghost that Rachel knew for one night and is now the one man she holds every man up to as the love of her life....WHAT??????

To top that, she finally starts getting close to Marshal and then, boom, he's gone because she gets shunned. He should have figured out she was headed in that direction to begin with. That just makes him stupid, not her. She was truthful with him from the beginning and kept her distance, but he sought out more only to drop her when things got difficult. Jerk!!!

I won't even go into the whole way-out-in-left-field banshee storyline. The series is into book #7 and we are just now hearing about this weird and totally deadly race of inderlanders? Whatever!!!

So...FINALLY....the Rachel train gets back on it's tracks and we find out who killed Kisten and Rachel and Ivy get their retribution to an extent. After all the twists and turns, the story ends with more questions than answers and a weird lead-in to the next storyline.

I'm not in a hurry to read the next book, but I will at some point. Rachel Morgan frustrates me, but I like her and I will continue on to find out what mess she'll find herself in next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read White Witch, Black Curse.