Lady Vigilante (Feifei)'s Reviews > My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Episodes 1 - 5

My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Episodes 1 - 5 by Marita A. Hansen

Overall rating for Episodes 1-5: 4-4.5 stars!!!

If you haven't read these at all, do NOT read beyond the short review for episode 1 because there will be spoilers!

So after two entire months of seeing my Goodreads newsfeed flooding with updates from this series, I finally threw in my lot and jumped into these serials. To say these episodes are seriously messed up but addicting is an understatement!!

Episode 1 “Taken:”

This episode completely captivated me from beginning to end!! I tend to get really picky with serials so it’s important to me that I think they’re worth following and reading. Well, I’m happy to say that this is one series I will be continuing with, even if there are an infinity number of seasons and episodes. The author packs an intense 71 pages filled with a complex, twisted plot, compelling but disturbing characters, and a cliffhanger ending that rivals those on TV shows!! A brilliant first installment to this series!!

Episode 2 “Discovered:”

The cliffhanger part is the least of your concerns! Just WOW! Another short and action-packed episode but with plot twists and revelations I did NOT see coming...I mean I was flabbergasted and gobsmacked to say the least! This novella is structured with Jagger and Rita POVs, and while it is a much darker episode than the first, I think the characterization part was a little frustrating. At this point, Jagger didn’t have many redeemable qualities IMO so having Rita complementing his looks every now and then hit a nerve. A most interesting turn, though, was I think Frano, who was a complete jerk and deemed villain in the first episode, is now THE most interesting character. I have this...anticipatory feeling about him, and can’t wait to see what the author has in store for him and the rest of these characters!

Episode 3 “Betrayed:”

I have to be honest here and say…this episode is my FAVORITE out of the ones I’ve read so far! Why? Not only was it set in a Frano and Rita dual POV structure, but the author slamdunked me with yet another revelation my mouth was left hanging wide open. I don’t know what will happen in the next episodes or what Jagger’s fate is (btw Alberto needs to be nuked with an AK47), I need Frano and Rita to be together!!! And not going to lie, these brutal cliffhangers are taking a toll.

Episode 4 “Poisoned:”

So after the way episode 4 ended, I just HAD to jump on this one to find out what would happen next...and I was...disappointed. Now don’t get me wrong, this was still a nail-biting, captivating episode, but it wasn’t up to par with the first 3. This novella is ordered with Bianca and Alberto POVs, and as much as I loathed reading from Alberto the Asshole’s view, I was glad to. I wanted to see his thought processes, how he viewed his actions, and what else made this man so evil and demented. I think the author did a fabulous job in that aspect. However, and this pains me to say, I did not like/agree with the plot events. They certainly made for a killer cliffhanger, but really now? Bianca had this grand scheme planned out and then...it was such a bummer. The part that saddens me the most is that she had to include poor Thierry in it! Even so, this episode is still a winner for me! It’s like one of those slow-motion train crashes you just HAVE to look at but you can’t stop. Another riveting episode!

Episode 5 “Escape:”

I think I’ve finally reached the point of numbness and won’t even be surprised when the author throws in another curveball. It’s something I’ll just expect from now on. I was mighty curious and questioning that just about everyone is secretly gay. Hmm O_O But other than that, this episode is perfect! Frano finally got his act together and took charge, Rita finally turned into the kickass FBI agent I wanted her to be, and Alberto got what was coming to him. In regards to the twist in this episode, I wasn’t that surprised. Okay I was surprised. But not too much. Though with this new piece of information, I’m really interested DYING to know how it will affect the relationship dynamic Rita has with Jagger and Frano. I personally am crossing fingers, toes, arms, legs, and everything else for Frano and Rita to end up together!!

ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Episodes 1 - 5.

December 16, 2013 – Started Reading
December 16, 2013 – Shelved as: mind-fuck-me-some-more-will-ya
December 16, 2013 – Shelved as: read-to-review
December 16, 2013 – Shelved as: top-rated
December 16, 2013 –
0.0% "Will review all 5 episodes once I finish episode 5. This is the most sick and twisted story I've EVER read. Not even the Estate series compares."
December 18, 2013 –
100.0% "Hmmm reviewing the entire collection as a whole will be a tough one. Review to come...in a few days."
December 26, 2013 – Shelved as: abuse
December 26, 2013 – Shelved as: die-from-cliffhanger
December 26, 2013 – Shelved as: i-love-my-friends
December 26, 2013 – Shelved as: therapy-can-t-save-your-ass
December 26, 2013 – Finished Reading
March 5, 2014 – Shelved as: christine-fan-club

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)

JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust Great review buttercup.

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Thanks hon!! While I was doing up the blog post, I saw the casting for all the characters and they're really spot on! :)

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Awesome review Feifei. = DD I look forward to reading once complete (15 total??)

message 4: by Elaine (new) - added it

Elaine Fantastic review :))

message 5: by Sammy (new)

Sammy Loves Books Love the condensed review of the series ;o)

message 6: by • Lisa • (new)

• Lisa • *thumbs up* friend great review x

Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen PERFECT!!!! RIGHT ON THE MONEY HONEY!!! (Sweetcakes)

I was captivated by your review and was nodding my head at each summary!

Just wait till the next episode!! *rubbing my palms together

message 9: by Baba (new)

Baba  Wonderful review, Feifei!

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Awesome review Feifei. = DD I look forward to reading once complete (15 total??)"

Thank you Sue! And yes, I think each season is 15 episodes...I think lol.

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Elaine wrote: "Fantastic review :))"

Thanks Elaine!! <3

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Sammy wrote: "Love the condensed review of the series ;o)"

Thank you Sammy! :D

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Lisa Jayne wrote: "*thumbs up* friend great review x"

*double thumbs up for LJ* thanks babe!! *mwah*

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) wrote: "PERFECT!!!! RIGHT ON THE MONEY HONEY!!! (Sweetcakes)

I was captivated by your review and was nodding my head at each summary!

Just wait till the next episode!! *rubbing my palms together"

LOL!!!! Thank you Carol!! BY THE WAY! Was it your intention to make the dude for Matteo so freaking HOT!!! I know he's supposed to be evil and (view spoiler) but dammmmnnnn....I wanted to jump his evil bones LOL!

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) ✽ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ✽ wrote: "wonderful review Feifei!"

Thanks Sharon! :D

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Baba ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Dean, Tate, Dan, Ty & Hunter wrote: "Wonderful review, Feifei!"

Thank you Baba!! <3 <3

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Each Season???

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Each Season???"

Errr yup! Assuming there are seasons since this boxed set is titled "Season 1, Episodes 1-5." I don't know lol.

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ OK, so 3 seasons total a la 5 each makes 15. I sure hope that is the end. That is a lot to keep track of as is.. = O

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) I just hope it won't drag out unnecessarily, and totally agree with you! Too much to keep track of :3

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ He he, yeah I don't think I have read past 8 installments on anything....

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ I take that back. Read 11-12, but then story spun out of control (3rd hero and heroine) so I dropped it!

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) OMG that sounds too awful lol. What books were these?

I don't like series that go on forever and ever and ever. You know, like the JD Robb romantic suspense ones or the Suzanne Brockman ones :/

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ I don't like it either.... I rather wait and buy Omnibus. This was a serial by Fawkes I think. Let me check... I liked 2nd couple best.

message 25: by K (new)

K I agree! I don't like series that run on either! If it's a HUGE book a standalone is good and if it's normal sized books at the most a trilogy...

Great sum up though Feifei :)

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "I don't like it either.... I rather wait and buy Omnibus. This was a serial by Fawkes I think. Let me check... I liked 2nd couple best."

Same, omnibus is my go to for longer series. Fawkes?? Never heard of hmmm.

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Kinsey wrote: "I agree! I don't like series that run on either! If it's a HUGE book a standalone is good and if it's normal sized books at the most a trilogy...

Great sum up though Feifei :)"

Thanks Kinsey! Yeah I really try to cut it at a trilogy, maybe throw in a novella or two :)

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ (view spoiler)

Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen Lady Vigilante (Feifei) wrote: "Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) wrote: "PERFECT!!!! RIGHT ON THE MONEY HONEY!!! (Sweetcakes)

I was captivated by your review and was nodding my head at each summary!

Just wait till the next episode!!..."

Jahy was the one who chose him to be Matteo! Yes he's supposed to be blonde and f'ing gorgeous!! :-)

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: " Fawkes was another author starting with letter F. I gave up on hers when part 5 ended with cliffy and it was supposed to be the last part. Author later might have written more, but I had moved o..."

Oh never mind, I've seen these books floating around sometime lol.

message 31: by Lady Vigilante (Feifei) (last edited Dec 27, 2013 01:43PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) wrote: "Lady Vigilante (Feifei) wrote: "Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) wrote: "PERFECT!!!! RIGHT ON THE MONEY HONEY!!! (Sweetcakes)

J..."

He's SMOKING HOT! :D

Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen Lady Vigilante (Feifei) wrote: "Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) wrote: "Lady Vigilante (Feifei) wrote: "Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) wrote: "PERFECT!!!! RIGHT ON THE MONEY HONEY!!! (Sweetcakes)

I was captivated by your review and was..."

Yes....yes he is!! I love all the pics of him!! He looks like the "All American Boy" :-)

But I think they are all hot...even Padre....well except for Alberto!! hahahaaa

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) wrote: "Lady Vigilante (Feifei) wrote: "Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) wrote: "Lady Vigilante (Feifei) wrote: "Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) wrote: "PERFECT!!!! RIGHT ON THE MONEY HONEY!!! (Sweetcakes)

I was c..."

YES! That's the perfect description of him! I can almost forget how evil he is hahahaa!

LMAOOOO!!!! Alberto looks like an APE lol

message 34: by Christy (new)

Christy Fantastic review, doll! xo

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Christy wrote: "Fantastic review, doll! xo"

Thanks Christy!! :D