Vitaliy's Reviews > The Shadow of the Wind

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón

Dec 15, 2013

bookshelves: reviewed

I would highly recommend this book to anyone who is a fan of fiction. Exceptional style of writing wraps twists of story-line unraveling the mystery in rich poetic and metaphoric language. Besides dramatic roller-coaster of events and emotions, the book constantly induces thoughts and imagery and thus keeps action going all the time on one level or another. A sorts of self-referential idea of writing a book about the art of book writing felt surprisingly original and so did the idea of “cemetery of forgotten books”. One would think this was done too many times, but in the author’s account it gained somewhat new dimension. Also frequent excursions into history of Barcelona are a treat and paint almost photographic flashes of this monumental city. I partially read the print and partially listened to the audio-book edition. Narration was theatrical and very impressive. There is nothing like a good book to comfort a long drive. I would recommend the audio book by Audible (English) too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Shadow of the Wind.

Started Reading