Kate ✨ is a dreamer's Reviews > Once Burned

Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost

22207986
4 stars!

I can't tell you how long Once Burned has been on my TBR. Ilona Andrews is one of my favorite authors, and they're best friends with Jeaniene Frost, commenting on her books and applauding her all the time. So of course I'm going to check her out ... eventually!

It wasn't until I had to fulfill the "Leather Lane" portion of Romance-opoly that I decided to finally pick it up, because UTC recommended it to me.

Anyway, back to the book. I really liked it!

It requires some suspension of belief--I mean, how do you get psychic hands and a lightning-zap ability from getting electrocuted--but I was able to suspend that belief and thoroughly enjoy myself. Leila and Vlad were just ... fun together. I had a great time watching them interact and see Leila push Vlad's boundaries.

But Vlad 100% made the book. I haven't read the Night Huntress series that this is based off of, so I didn't have the background on him that many others have, but I can see him growing into a great, hilarious and heavily sarcastic character that I can enjoy in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Once Burned.

December 15, 2013 – Shelved