Nic's Reviews > Someone to Keep Me

Someone to Keep Me by K.C. Wells

bookshelves: mm, series, bdsm-or-elements-of, dreamspinner-purchased, zz-amazon-yes

I was always going to like this story - I enjoyed the first two books in the series and I love the authors - and I wasn't disappointed. Was it perfect? No. Was it hugely enjoyable? Yes!

This is the story of Scott and Ben. Scott is very young and extremely naive and innocent, having lead a sheltered life in the US. He heads across the globe to Manchester, without money or clothes, to meet up with Jeff, a guy he met online. When Scott is stood up by Jeff, Ben just happens to be at the airport in Manchester and takes him under his wing.

At first I was worried about Scott's youth and whether he was being taken advantage of. Although eighteen he had been home-schooled and had no life-experience. He did not go out much, had not friends and didn't even watch television. But the story handled him very sensitively and the development of his relationship with Ben was a slow journey.

Ben is a barman at the Collars & Cuffs club and he is supporting his mother by paying for her to be in a home for the elderly. He has limited money which makes him reluctant to look after Scott. I liked the way this lead character was not the typical rich Dom but rather a 'real' everyday-type character. I must admit that Ben didn't seem very Dom-like at first but he really was a wonderful match for an innocent such as Scott. This is not heavy BDSM with only a few scenes including some exhibitionism.

I'm not a huge fan of the first person but I liked the alternating POVs. There were a few plot holes or events that were unexplained or unlikely but this really didn't bother me. I just enjoyed getting stuck into the story and waiting for Ben to wake up to himself - he was infuriating at times - the events at the 90% mark were surprising!

Highly recommended, particularly if you've read the earlier books in the series as the characters from these books feature in Someone To Keep Me.

I publish all my m/m reviews on my blog so if you want to see all my m/m reviews in one place come visit at Because Two Men Are Better Than One!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Someone to Keep Me.

December 13, 2013 – Shelved
January 14, 2014 – Started Reading
January 15, 2014 –
January 15, 2014 – Shelved as: zz-amazon-yes
January 15, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Debra Nice review Nic. :)

message 2: by Nic (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nic Debra wrote: "Nice review Nic. :)"

Thanks Debra!