Jena's Reviews > Salt

Salt by Danielle Ellison

bookshelves: favorite-boys

Review Posted at Shortie Says

Okay, so I admit when I heard the title of the book I was like “Salt? Huh?” but let me tell you this is one Entangled YA book you will not want to throw over your shoulder. Right from the start Salt is intense and attention grabbing. There were so many pieces of this book that I just absolutely loved. Believe me, this is a story you will not want to miss out on when starting your new year.

I absolutely adore the dynamic between our two main characters: Carter and Penelope. ADORE with a capital A. To watch their witty banter turn into something playful and powerful and ultimately something perfect just made me love them. I mean they go from something like this that I totally laughed out loud at:

“I’m sorry,” Carter’s eyes are on me and I don’t know whom he’s talking to. I’m not taking an apology. Not after that. “It was an accident. I lost track of time.”
I want to punch him in the face.
And then I'll apologize and say it was an accident. That I lost track of my fist.

To something sigh-worthy like this:

“I will always fight for you,” he says, his voice low.
I look into his eyes and I know, without a doubt, that I trust him. “I will too,” I whisper.
His lips are against mine, and my tongue slides against his.

RIGHT?! RIGHT?! How can you not love them? I just absolutely couldn’t get enough of these too. Especially Carter. Oh god, green-eyed, sexy thing Carter you, and the boy can fight like nobody’s business.

With this story, there is always some kind of action happening, whether it’s demon slaying, intense coffee drinking, sparring, or romantic heat, Salt was constantly moving and I absolutely love that quality in a book. Those stories where it’s just one thing after another and your heart doesn’t stop until you’re at the end of the book. You can’t help but love stories where you love a main character’s family and friends, not just them and their love interest, the stories where you have to keep finding the pieces until it all clicks together in one heart-stopping moment. Those books where it’s a world you just want to teleport yourself into. Salt has all of that. I’m not sure what I was expecting with this story, but I got so much more. If you’re thinking of reading this one… do it. It’s a magically intense ride and I absolutely loved it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Salt.

December 12, 2013 – Started Reading
December 12, 2013 – Shelved
December 12, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
December 12, 2013 –
2.0% "Green eye alert ;)"
December 12, 2013 –
52.0% "I knew that was coming! Hahah oh my."
December 12, 2013 –
75.0% "Loving this. Will finish tomorrow. Damn work."
92.0% "I knew it....!"
December 13, 2013 –
99.0% ""Matters of the heart are often poisonous." -- that worries me for book two. Caaaarrteeer."
December 13, 2013 –
100.0% "Amazing! Loved it!"
December 13, 2013 – Shelved as: favorite-boys