Zack Love's Reviews > Sex in the Title: A Comedy about Dating, Sex, and Romance in NYC

Sex in the Title by Zack Love

Dec 10, 2013

(Review from the author)
bookshelves: sex-in-the-title, sex, title, zack, love, zack-love, romantic-comedy, ny-romantic-comedy, new-york-romantic-comedy, nyc-romantic-comedy, manhattan-romantic-comedy, manhattan, sexy-romantic-comedy, sex-stories, funny, humor, comedy, dating-disasters, romance, romance-comedy, sex-comedy, sexy-comedy, dating-comedy, dating, relationships, relationships-comedy, lol-funny, fratire, lad-lit, male-sex-and-the-city
Recommended to Zack by: Myself. I'm good at finding gems for myself.
Recommended for: Any mammal.
Read on December 12, 2013 — I own a copy , read count: 4,000

A Book That Will Tickle You To Tears And Then Make Hot Love To You

By now you've probably heard of this book – the male “Sex and the City” (set in NYC around Y2K). If you haven’t, you need to buy and read "Sex In The Title" ASAP so that you don’t look totally clueless at the next awesome party you attend (where EVERYONE will be talking about this hilarious romantic comedy).

And here's some fun gossip that you can share, to impress everyone at that party (so that you seem like you’re REALLY on top of the hottest trends).

I read somewhere that the author of "Sex In The Title" originally tried to patent the book as a technology that can cause continuous laughter and sexual arousal almost simultaneously. That could be an urban legend – much like the rumor that the UN Security Council tried to make the novel required reading around the globe as a way to promote world peace (since the book would leave everyone on the planet too busy laughing or fornicating to make war).

There were also reports that comedic greats such as Larry David and Woody Allen, and renowned writers EL James and JK Rowling, had each – through their representatives – contacted the author of “Sex In The Title” for personalized tutoring in the art of humor and writing fiction. Unfortunately, these celebrity scribes will have to get in line like everyone else.

But enough with the rumors. Let me state what is an objective fact: this is the greatest novel ever written. First, let’s look at the characters: we’ve got five, well-developed male characters. And what could be more exciting than a well-developed male? Oh, you’re a straight guy? Well, there are plenty of women in the book too. Indeed, that is one of the unforgettably unique qualities of this novel: it has men and women in it. How many other novels can say that about their cast of characters?

And there’s something else in this book that you really can’t find anywhere else these days: SEX. In fact, I’ve spent weeks trolling the reader groups on Facebook and Goodreads consulting with readers who (like me) want more sex in their books. And nobody can seem to find any books with sex in them. Or even a cover with a mostly naked man or woman that is suggestive of sex. So "Sex In The Title" finally delivers what no other book has managed to supply thus far.

Indeed, just in case the title of the book left any doubt, sex actually happens not only in the title, but also in the novel itself. And what could be better than sex? It’s the perfectly pleasurable escape from a crappy day and – thanks to all of those people doing it without contraception – it’s also really good for global overpopulation.

But let’s not get too shallow and focus only on the sex that is in the title (and the story). Let’s instead get profoundly analytical for a moment and consider this book’s storytelling structure. When studying the rather complex and well-conceived plot of this literary masterpiece, I couldn’t help but notice that this novel had a beginning, a middle, and an end. How many books does a reader encounter in a lifetime with that kind of planning? It’s truly remarkable to experience. It really is storytelling at its finest.

I should also add an observation about the language used. Much to the dismay of the French, the book was written in English.

Indeed, as I reflect on the endless virtues of this novel, and how it titillates and amuses all at once, I find myself unable to resist this powerful urge to buy the book, again and again. And again. I just want to gift it to myself. And to others.

In fact, the other day I found a female burglar breaking into my house, and she had her Kindle with her (it turns out that e-readers are quite useful to thieves – particularly if they get caught and need to kill time in prison). Anyway, while she was proceeding to walk away with my most valuable possessions, I was about to gift her "Sex In The Title" when I noticed that she already had it in her book collection. I was so happy for her that I gave her a high-five as she walked away with my flat screen TV (I helped her to carry it out so that she could free one of her hands to high-five me). And while we were moving my beloved TV to her truck, I said, “Isn’t that book the most sexy and hilarious thing you’ve ever read?” And her response was, “I actually was planning to start reading it tonight after taking the rest of your valuables.”

And the fact that this woman looked so hot – with the little nylon stocking pulled over her head and her skin-tight cat-woman outfit – made the whole getting-burglarized experience even cooler. And her confession about not having read the novel yet also explained why she was still living a life of crime, because clearly she hadn’t yet experienced the life-changing tickles and arousals provided by the book. So I forgave her, knowing that as soon as she finished reading "Sex In The Title" she would promptly come back to my place to return my flat screen TV and have wild sex with me. So I viewed the burglary as more of a loan (in her elaborate game of foreplay), and I was totally cool with the whole thing.

Anyway, where was I? Oh, I was just raving about this book that you’re about to go buy. Yes, that’s a very good decision you’ve made. You too will give in to that irresistible – almost hypnotically-induced urge – to get your copy of "Sex In The Title."

Why? Because you’re awesome, and you too deserve to discover the secret to happiness. Yes, you now feel compelled to experience life's ultimate joy by clicking on this Amazon link for "Sex In The Title."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sex in the Title.

12/10/2013 marked as: read

Nicole Chapman Zack your so funny and that really shows through the book not been able to read much lately but will finish it soon I promise, really Xx

Zack Love Funny? I can't believe you didn't take this raving 5-star review seriously!

Well, please reread it in a more serious frame of mind, and then share it widely. :-)

message 3: by Kat (new)

Kat  Chadwick Okay, So as not to hurt your feelings about your serious self review, I really am trying not to laugh. (grin)

Hayley Thinnesen ✩ I love this very 5 star, very serious, not at all funny review x

message 5: by Anna (new) - added it

Anna Worth the Read Blog Zack! I love it. Can't wait to read it!

♥Trish♥ WTG Zack! :)

message 7: by Johanne (new) - added it

Johanne Since I did not read the book yet, can I have your flatscreen TV?

message 8: by Mariam (new) - added it

Mariam I knew I liked you Zack :) can't say I love you yet because I haven't finished your book but now I know I wouldn't have to use duck tape on you

message 9: by Priscilla (new) - added it

Priscilla This has to be the funniest review I've ever read Zack! I love it!!! :)

Letty  (Cover to Cover Book Blog Reviewer) This is by far, the funniest review in the history of funny reviews. Zack, awesome!

Anita Viccica - Toss LOL Zack! I can't wait to read this book! I know that by just reading your review, I'm gonna love this book! Congrats fellow NYer! :)

Sarah Loving this!!!

message 13: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Duran <3 it Zack! Very excited to dive into your book tonight!

Isanklyne Tongson Such a hilarious review of a hilarious novel! ♥

message 15: by Tina (new) - added it

Tina Was not funny in the least. Best review of their own book I have ever read. It was like you had just read the book! I so hope the UN does take a good hard look at this book, could be the catalyst to world peace.

Diane thank you, zack, for the unbiased opinion of the book. if it were not on my Kindle already (and I have even started reading it) I would so have clicked the link. it is good to know you can be helpful when you are being robbed. you are hilarious.

Tabitha What can I say about this? I absolutely loved Evans mind I was laughing my head off, I usually read erotic romance, but this was a good way to switch it up, this reminded me of Adam sandler I have no idea why? Maybe the humour in it? But damn I don't regret reading this book keep it up zack I look forward to more laughs in the future

Joanie You're completely hilarious! Glad I got to converse with you at Love Between The Sheets tonight ;)

Your review is the best review EVA!

message 19: by Niki (new) - added it

Niki I'm going buy this book for sure. Love your sense of humor, please don't be short and bald :)

message 20: by Christa (new)

Christa Bohannan Zack, I do believe that I will be up all night reading this book. Love your personal review. Grabbed me hook line and sinker.

message 21: by Madel (new) - added it

Madel i will definitely get a copy of this book.. love your sense of humor.. :)

message 22: by Madel (new) - added it

Madel i will definitely get myself a copy of your book.. love love love your sense of humor.. :)

Aubrey Storm *** 5 star Review***
You are one amazing individual! I think I'll trying gifting 'Sex In The Title' To the next Hot guy that tries to rob me. Do you think he'll want to come back for wild sex? ;)

message 24: by Loraine (new)

Loraine Oliver Great review, loved it and you brought up some pretty good points, lol!! Loved it!!!

message 25: by Isa (new) - added it

Isa Jones (Jo&Isalovebooks Blog) It's my pledge to read this book and review it, but in the meantime I give Zach 5* STARS for this incredibly original, witty, funny and clever review! Well done Mr. Love

message 26: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna Bertucci Not only did I enjoy the book, but I love your review as well!!! I couldn't put this book down once I started reading it. Your a wonderful author Zack Love and I look forward to reading more of your work.

message 27: by Terrie's (new) - added it

Terrie's Just Another Book B*tch LOL What a clever review

Jennifer Fredricks-scheele so going to put this on my to read list asap..and love the trailer..had to share it on my fb page!!!!!

message 29: by Amy (new)

Amy Hilarious!!!! you are one of a kind

message 30: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Omek Hands down, the funniest review I've ever read !!

message 31: by Lola (new) - added it

Lola Love the review. I bought this book last month and was wondering what I should read next.... I think your review has put this on the top of my list. :)

message 32: by Kelli (new)

Kelli Sims Awesome review. I'm gonna have to place this book on my Amazon wish list for sure :)

message 33: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Glad you gave your book 5 stars ... I would wonder about any author that didn't think their work was exceptional ;)

message 34: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela Lawson This sounds awesome!! I can't wait to read this and feel titillated with well developed men in this book with sex in it. :)

message 35: by Lori (new)

Lori Cox Darlin.....I decided to purchase every book you've written before I even finished the review! This is awesome!

message 36: by Kristi (new) - added it

Kristi Widner collins Honestly. ..I find this great! If I hadn't already bought this book, this review would have begged me to buy it. Haha

message 37: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Almas I love to laugh and cannot wait to read this book! :)

message 38: by Valerie (new) - added it

Valerie Spearman Most original 5 star review that I have read so far. You know how to sell it, bought the book.

message 39: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela Wallace LMAO!! French?!! That was one of the most hilarious reviews I've read ;) Genius!!!

Suzanne Montes That's was hilarious. I actually loved the Book, so i
can vouch for that it is indeed well writen!

message 41: by Shandra (new) - added it

Shandra Torbett I sincerely hope the sex that you got from the sexy cat-burglar was epic win (even if she didn't return your valuables or your flat-screen TV); in fact, I hope it was so good that she screamed lines from your amazingly hilarious novel the entire time you were making the love of the ages loudly enough for the neighbors to enjoy it, too. Hey, it'd be like free advertising coupled with gratifying orgasmic bliss along with sharing your brilliance with the rest of your neighborhood: win-win-win all around! Thanks for the review, man.

message 42: by Mariela (new) - added it

Mariela Bustos Love the review. It is definitely unique and has me intrigued. :)

message 43: by Kendra (new)

Kendra What an awesome review! Bought it last time I saw you on a FB page takeover and really need to start it! If the writing in the book is anything like your review, it's going to be awesome!

message 44: by Kris (new)

Kris Cooke regan Love the review! I'm going to download now and start reading!

message 45: by Sally (new)

Sally Wagoner You are too funny! Loved it...

message 46: by Amy (new)

Amy Caruso Will be adding this to my Kindle in the next few minutes. Love the review!

message 47: by Pauline (new)

Pauline Schofield Hilarious, did you really find it that funny?

message 48: by Janine (new) - added it

Janine Mowat If your book is like your review...can't wait to read it.... just hoping over to Amazon now.... :o)

message 49: by Jen (new) - added it

Jen Humphrey Great review. I have this on my TBR but it has just been bumped up to NEXT after reading this!!

message 50: by Kim (new) - added it

Kim Black OMG I'm dying over here!! Love love love this review. Absolutely the best review ever!

~ Kim B.