Sophie's Reviews > Her Dakota Man

Her Dakota Man by Lisa Mondello

[review also posted on my blog http://beentherereadthatreviewedthebo...]

Her Dakota Man was an emotional story written so eloquently by Lisa Mondello. Right from the start, she had me feeling for Logan and all the turn of events in his life. He was definitely stubborn and I’d like to have thrown some sense into him but the author made me care.

The character development throughout was great and I loved the strength and bravery Poppy showed most of the time. I really liked how she had a strong character herself and that this book was reversed from so many romance stories these days in that there wasn’t a naïve, pushover of a lead female.

As for the other characters, Logan’s son Keith was a little star. I thought he had a really uplifting character and helped bring a happier edge to the story throughout all the twists between Logan and Poppy. I did want to see a bit more of Logan’s brothers but that was just me falling for characters which have their own lead stories in the remainder of the Dakota Hearts series.

I felt the beginning of Her Dakota Man was a little bit repetitive when dealing with Logan’s reaction and resistance to Poppy. Although I appreciated that this was a slow-burner of a romance story and not a rushed, exaggerated, unbelievable one, I still would have liked a little more happening.

However, I don’t really have any complaints other than that cover was way too distracting! (But please don’t change it).

The plot itself was really interesting and I was desperate myself to find out the reason Poppy was back! Everything worked well and it didn’t feel like there was any wasted motion.

Her Dakota Man was a charming little story in a series which has so much promise with strong characters and development alike.

*I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Dakota Man.

Started Reading