Sarah's Reviews > On Solid Ground

On Solid Ground by Michelle Kemper Brownlow

11452025

bookshelves: beta

On Solid Ground IS NOT A STANDALONE!! It is the sequel to In Too Deep, if you haven't read that book you will be completely lost in this one. Also, this review will be spoilery for you. I did not love In Too Deep, I was so pissed at most of the characters I couldn't see straight. It was well written though and I knew that I had to know what happened with Gracie and Jake after all of the badness that was Noah.

I was really afraid that we were going to skate over Gracie getting help with all of the scars left from the emotional abuse that she dealt with from Jake, as seems to happen in so many books. They find the love of their life and magically are completely healed with no residual issues. It was SO not the case in this book. Gracie actually takes steps to get herself all whole and healed. It was amazing!! I loved that Michelle had her deal with her shit.

Gracie, while SO much stronger in On Solid Ground that she was in In Too Deep, was still a broken mess. Everything that she did and said was colored with the pain that was left by Noah. When she finally decides to take those steps to deal with her scars, it was a total 'HALLELUJAH' moment for me. And Sylvia was great. We didn't see a lot of her, but what we did see from her made me love her! (I'd actually like to know a little about her story!)

Gracie finds a way to help her get all of the emotions that she feels about Noah and Jake and everything in her past out. Music. And she has a great teacher, hot broken rock star, Calon. He was so good for her and I don't think that she would have been able to heal if not for him and his ability to make her put everything out there.

When we learn more about Noah and the guys from Sigma Chi I was completely livid. There are no words for how messed up everything that has to do with them is. And the sad thing is, I know that it is not far out of the realm on what actually happens in some frat houses. I was only too ecstatic when they finally get a little taste of justice!

I am VERY happy that I read this book. I think that it nicely wraps up Gracie's story and I am now completely happy with her story, I feel like I have closure and know that she will go on and be a strong, independent woman. I am, however interested in learning more about Calon, which we will, I'm sure!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On Solid Ground.

December 10, 2013 – Started Reading