Foxears's Reviews > Fangirl

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

3193157
Dec 09, 2013

bookshelves: ebooks

I must say I love this book, I love it so much. Probably most because I could recognize a huge part of myself in Cath. Not so much her social awkwardness and choose of major as much as her writing of fanfiction. The pressure she had of writing and writing, though of course she still loves it. That was me 7-10 ago when I wrote one of the more popular fanfiction on a Swedish Harry Potter fansite. And how he loved the world, more that the real world. How people around her, even though they'd read and loved the books, thought that her level of dedicating her life to it is just too much. She's a nerd. I was a nerd. I still am, of course, but not to the level as when I was younger.

(view spoiler)

All in all I would recommend this book to anyone who has been or is a writer or reader of fanfiction. That was really the thing that made me love this book, and I want to thank the author that she recognize us nerds that want to bury ourselves in our fandom of choice, and thank her for writing a book about a girl wanting to live in the World of Mages.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fangirl.

December 9, 2013 – Started Reading