Tony Grandison's Reviews > The Haunting of Gabriel Ashe

The Haunting of Gabriel Ashe by Dan Poblocki

I read this book for my English class for something we call SSR (Sustained Silent Reading). We read a different book every quarter and then have to do a review for it on here for one of the grades.
I really enjoyed this book. The plot was very well thought out and had LOTS of twists and turns that were very unexpected! It always kept me on the edge of my seat. Although the plot at times seemed like it was slow to progress throughout, it still kept your attention through some of the plot changes. The summary of the book does a good job at laying down the initial plot but as you read the book, you will realize how much more in-depth it actually is!
I think the characters were well developed and interesting, especially the character Seth Hopper. At first he seems like a normal 8th grade kid, but then the main character, Gabriel Ashe, finds out that he is a little off his rockers and not very well liked. But what is really interesting about Seth Hopper is his family and ancestors. His family is a big mystery and plays a huge role in the story. Just from the title of the book you can guess that it will basically be a ghost story, but once you start reading it, it seems like a normal book and then takes lots of unexpected turns and the plot completely changes.
While in my opinion the book does have a rather unnecessary and disappointing end, I would definitely recommend this book!

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Haunting of Gabriel Ashe.

December 8, 2013 – Started Reading