Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin's Reviews > White Hot Kiss

White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout

bookshelves: fantasy-all, own

www.melissa413readsalot.blogspot.com

I thought this book was awesome! I loved the characters. Layla is so cool and she used a lot of phrases that I use in the real world. :) She did a few stupid things in the book and only one led to some distressing moments, but I felt after it was done, it was all for the better. It's so hard to talk about this without spoilers!

So Layla is half demon and half warden (gargoyle) but she doesn't have any powers or does she? She lives with the Wardens that keep demons in line, but she can't change and fly like they can, the only thing she can do is a tag on a demon for the wardens to hunt. She feels pretty useless.

She goes to a regular school and has a couple of friends, they don't know what she is though. She usually goes out for a bit after school to tag demons and then one of the peeps from home picks her up at a certain time.

She has a best friend named Zayne that she grew up with, she secretly loves him, but can never be with him because she's not a pure blood. Well, I think that sucks for her.

Then she meets a demon named Roth who saves her life several times. He's actually a good demon, sounds weird huh? And... he is the only one that tells her who her mom really is and why all of the sudden all of these demons are coming after her. He holds nothing back from her, where her family at the house haven't told her anything. And it is freaking wicked when you find out the story of her life and her mom especially!

This book is just so good. I am so glad I found it from some GR friends on here and can read the trilogy! Unless it's going to be an ongoing series then that would be awesome too! I already have the next two books and I hope to get to them soon because that ENDING!

I did love the part where Layla lets go when her...hmmm..I guess you could say.. loves (Zayne & Roth) are in harms way. She freaking.. oh I can't tell you. Let's just say she's a force to be reckoned with and then some.

photo book banner_zpsh916lrql.jpg

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read White Hot Kiss.

December 8, 2013 – Shelved
December 8, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
August 31, 2015 – Started Reading
August 31, 2015 – Shelved as: fantasy-all
August 31, 2015 – Shelved as: own
September 5, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)

☆★Tinja★✮ A Court of Pizza and Laziness Whom do you like better, Roth or Zayne ? ;)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin It's a hard choice. I want them both, but at the moment Roth took over for me :)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin :-D. Well he is yummy!

☆★Tinja★✮ A Court of Pizza and Laziness That he is. I mean Zayne's not bad either, but ohhh that yummy demon ;)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin They are both yummy, but Roth had that better connection and the yum factor :)

message 7: by Justine (new)

Justine Melissa, have you read Obsidian? It's the first book in the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. You would probably LOVE it. :)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin I have that series but haven't gotten to it yet. So many books 0_0. Thank you :-)

message 9: by Justine (new)

Justine Melissa wrote: "I have that series but haven't gotten to it yet. So many books 0_0. Thank you :-)"

I hear you:)

Well...you should move it up if you can:)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin I will. I have been wanting to read them for some time ;-)

message 11: by Justine (new)

Justine Melissa wrote: "I will. I have been wanting to read them for some time ;-)"

It's great now because all the books are out, so you can read the series straight through. I actually haven't read read White Hot Kiss yet for just that reason...I was waiting for the series to be completed first:)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin I have all of the lux books now. I have lots of books and ARCs and get to them as I can :-)

Evelyn (devours and digests words) Never read any of J.L.A's before but hmmm, this looks compelling.

Aj the Ravenous Reader Wonderful review, Melissa. This has been highly recommended by one of my friends too. Like Evelyn, I've never read any JLA fantasy series yet. I've only read one of her NA novels.

☆★Tinja★✮ A Court of Pizza and Laziness Oh yes, I second L.Armertrout's Obsidian ;) Also a very yummy guy in it.. :P

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Evelyn (devours and digests words) wrote: "Never read any of J.L.A's before but hmmm, this looks compelling."

It is awesome if you like this genre :-)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Aj the Ravenous Reader wrote: "Wonderful review, Melissa. This has been highly recommended by one of my friends too. Like Evelyn, I've never read any JLA fantasy series yet. I've only read one of her NA novels."

Thank you AJ. You should definitely put it in your tbr list :-)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin ♡Tinja♡ wrote: "Oh yes, I second L.Armertrout's Obsidian ;) Also a very yummy guy in it.. :P"

One can't get enough of yummy guys :-).