Claire Robinson's Reviews > Claus: Legend of the Fat Man

Claus by Tony Bertauski

bookshelves: christmas

Wow what a change from the usual Father Christmas stories that we all know and love. I have to admit what interested me about this book was the synopsis and how it was totally different from the usual and legendary stories that we all know and love.

Nick and his family are left to die in the North Pole, however their story does not end there, and we are taken on the adventure, and believe me it is definitely an adventure you will want to go on.

The reader is given a completely different take on the whole Santa Claus Story, and be prepared to leave everything you thought you knew at chapter 1. This really is a must read for anyone looking for something seasonal, but completely different.

I truly believe that this is a book that pretty much anybody with an active imagination will enjoy, the writing style flows really well, the descriptions and narrative are just beautiful and really give the mind’s eye something to work with, I found myself stopping on occasion so I could just really get the scene together in my head, I love it when a book offers such vibrant descriptions its almost Walt Disney Fantasia-esque.

ARC provided through Netgalley, it was a pleasure to provide the above honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Claus.

December 8, 2013 – Started Reading