Shannon Barnes's Reviews > Hidden Under Her Heart

Hidden Under Her Heart by Rachelle Ayala

U 50x66

My first impression of this book after reading the above description was that it would be an awesome Lifetime movie. I has all of the ingredients: a damsel in distress, a hot guy who appears and ultimately saves the day and enough conflict to keep you interested.

Rachelle Ayala did an excellent job of creating characters that were multidimensional and they all sort of jumped off of the page. They had real world issues that they were dealing with and we each trying to find a way to navigate life while dealing with those issues. I feel that Rachelle's bravery in tackling such heaving subjects as rape and abortion to be awesome. Most people would shy away from these subjects but Rachelle met them head on and managed to write a story that touching as well as entertaining.

The only issue that I had with the book is that it contained some language that I didn't like. Rachelle did a great job of warning her potential readers that there would be a mild sex scene in the book, which I was ok with because I could just skip that section entirely. However, there were other scenes early on in the book that were just as steamy as any sex scene in my opinion and I ended up skipping those parts as well. This is not to deter anyone from reading the book. This is just my own opinion and personal preference.

Anyhoo, that aside, Rachelle's ability to make the reader really visualize the people and situations in her writing is impeccable. There's a special place in my heart for writers that are very descriptive. I need to be able to lose myself in your book and really 'see' what you're trying to convey to me. Rachelle does this beautifully. Overall I would say this novel is most certainly worth reading and I can't wait to read another novel by Rachelle.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hidden Under Her Heart.

Started Reading