Jenni Lea's Reviews > Training Season

Training Season by Leta Blake

bookshelves: best-of-the-freakin-best, favorites, because-gigi-says-so
Recommended for: EVERYONE!!!!

After reading everyone else’s reviews I know there is no way I can put it as eloquently and intelligently as those so I’ve decided to just tell you how this book made me feel. Filters off, this is gonna be real and raw.

Ready?

Ahem.

*deep breath*

OH MY GAWD YOU GUYS THIS BOOK IS SO AWESOME I CAN’T BELIEVE I GOT TO READ SUCH AN AMAZING STORY I LAUGHED AND CRIED AND LAUGHED SOME MORE I LOVE MATTY I LOVE ROB I LOVE BEN I LOVE MATTY’S MOM I WANT HER TO BE MY MOM TOO SO I CAN CALL HER DONNA I WANT TO MARRY ROB AND HAVE HIS BABIES HE’S SO HOT I WANT TO LICK HIM ALL OVER I WANT TO FEED MATTY AND MAYBE TRY HOT WATER WITH BITTERS EVEN THOUGH IT SOUNDS AWFUL I’M SAD ABOUT THEIR STORY BUT HAPPY TOO I HATED THE PAIN THEY WENT THROUGH IT TORE MY HEART RIGHT OUTTA MY CHEST AND STOMPED ON IT AND CAN I PLEASE HAVE THEIR BABIES I WANT THEM TO LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER AND BE A PART OF THEIR LIFE I WANT TO BE A GAY BOY FIGURE SKATER TOO AND FALL IN LOVE WITH A SEXY RANCHER MOUNTAIN MAN AND CAN THIS PLEASE BE A REAL THING I WANT TO MOVE TO MONTANA AND ICE SKATE ON A FROZEN LAKE I WANT A RUSSIAN SKATING COACH AND TO DO A TRIPLE AXEL I WANT TO HAVE SEX LIKE THEY DO OK MAYBE NOT SOME OF IT BUT I WANT TO FEEL WHAT THEY FELT AND CAN I PLEASE HAVE A FEW DAYS OFF FROM WORK SO I CAN DEVOUR THIS BOOK AGAIN I NEED FOR LETA BLAKE TO WRITE MORE STORIES HOW HAVE I NEVER HEARD OF LETA BLAKE BEFORE THIS IS GOING ON MY BEST OF THE FREAKIN BEST SHELF CAN I PLEASE HAVE MORE LIKE YESTERDAY I WANT TO FEEL THIS KIND OF LOVE FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.

Whew!

Got it? Good.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Training Season.

Quotes Jenni Lea Liked

Leta Blake
“Honey, are you being safe?'
'I wear my seat belt, yes.'
'Does this Rob Lovely wear a seat belt too?'
Matty sighed. 'Mother, seat belts should be worn at all times when in a moving vehicle. Didn't you teach me that?'
'So long as we're both talking about condoms here, then I'll leave it.'
'Consider it left.”
Leta Blake, Training Season

Leta Blake
“(Matty) 'I'm going to a corn maze.'
(Elliot) 'Oh, bitch. You've lost your ever-loving mind.”
Leta Blake, Training Season

December 6, 2013 – Shelved
December 6, 2013 – Shelved as: omg-cant-wait-to-read
December 7, 2013 – Started Reading
December 7, 2013 –
26.0% "Can someone please tell me how I can be this:\n \n \n \n and this:\n \n \n \n All at the same time?"
December 7, 2013 –
33.0% "Man, where can I get a Rob of my very own? Cuz I need me one of those! Do they come in brunet?"
December 7, 2013 –
39.0% "Two words.\n corn. maze."
December 8, 2013 –
57.0% ""Life is what it is. ...It doesn't stop for should've, would've, could've. It just chugs on ahead to the next station - some passengers get on, some get off, and then on it goes.""
December 8, 2013 –
71.0% "I have just been stripped bare. This... this is how a book is supposed to be. So raw. So unforgivingly real. Gah! This book!"
December 8, 2013 –
77.0% "I'm such a blubbering mess right now. So much that even my cat is looking at me with concern and trying to comfort me. I need some serious hand holding right now."
December 8, 2013 –
81.0% "No! No no no no no no no!!!!"
December 8, 2013 –
93.0% "Yes! Yes yes yes yes yes!!!"
December 8, 2013 – Shelved as: best-of-the-freakin-best
December 8, 2013 – Shelved as: favorites
December 8, 2013 – Finished Reading
December 22, 2013 – Shelved as: because-gigi-says-so

Comments Showing 1-50 of 89 (89 new)

Gigi *clapping* I loved this one!

Gigi CORN MAZE! Seriously, it melted my brain. I was unable to speak for at least 15 minutes after reading. And that kink? Um, no way Jose! Yucky! But here? Yes, please! More, please! *clapping with delight*

message 3: by Jo (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jo oh yeah this book goes there on the sex...

Jenni Lea OMG Gigi! I'm DYING!!!! I'm about to start part four. Will I survive???

message 5: by Jo (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jo NO...NO... NO but probably everyone else loves it.

This is the part that is the farting small penis asshat ...

Jenni Lea Thanks! It's how I feel. :D

Katherine I have to read this now. That super-long, run-on sentence (review) was amazing!

message 9: by Monica (new) - added it

Monica Thanks for the recommend. But I need to know how heavy the BDSM is?

Jenni Lea Katherine wrote: "I have to read this now. That super-long, run-on sentence (review) was amazing!"

Thanks! Yes, you really should read this now! :D

Jenni Lea Monica wrote: "Thanks for the recommend. But I need to know how heavy the BDSM is?"

It's not heavy at all and it is nowhere near the focus of the story. It's not about the BDSM with this one. It's all about the feelz.

♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ Hahaahaha this is a rightly fawesome review! :D

"MAYBE TRY HOT WATER WITH BITTERS EVEN THOUGH IT SOUNDS AWFUL" <<<< yes, mmmm hmmmm

"I WANT THEM TO LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER" <<<< they deserve it!!!

"CAN THIS PLEASE BE A REAL THING I WANT TO MOVE TO MONTANA AND ICE SKATE ON A FROZEN LAKE I WANT A RUSSIAN SKATING COACH AND TO DO A TRIPLE AXEL" <<<< hhahahaha yes! and I used to do decent spins and small jumps, but never a triple LOL

"I NEED FOR LETA BLAKE TO WRITE MORE STORIES HOW HAVE I NEVER HEARD OF LETA BLAKE BEFORE" <<<<<< this!!! yes!!!

"I WANT TO FEEL THIS KIND OF LOVE FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE." <<<<<< sigh, yeah, me too.

message 13: by Gigi (last edited Dec 08, 2013 04:06PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gigi Holy shit... Did Kanye West steal your GR account? (all caps reference)

message 14: by Gigi (last edited Dec 08, 2013 04:14PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gigi Jenni, I could hear you screaming your review all the way out here in Minnesota! Sing it girl! I agree 100% Such a gem of a story... I can't wait to read it again. *snuggles it close*

message 15: by SheReadsALot (last edited Dec 08, 2013 04:19PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

SheReadsALot Gigi wrote: "Holy shit... Did Kanye West steal your GR account?"

1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

2. This is my favorite review I have read today. Hands down. Yep. JL...you motherfucking rock!!

Jenni Lea Just imagine me jumping up and down and shouting all of this at the top of my lungs. Cuz that is how I was when writing this. I'm still fangirling over here. :D

♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ Gigi wrote: "Jeeni, I could hear you screaming your review all the way out here in Minnesota! Sing it girl! I agree 100% Such a gem of a story... I can't wait to read it again. *snuggles it close*"

I'm still giggling. Best purge review possibly ever LOL

message 18: by Vio (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vio Yep great review:))

Breann So.... you liked it then?

message 20: by Gigi (last edited Dec 08, 2013 04:18PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gigi Jenni Lea wrote: "Just imagine me jumping up and down and shouting all of this at the top of my lungs. Cuz that is how I was when writing this. I'm still fangirling over here. :D"

Yep, it was TOTAL fangirl vomit. In the BEST possible way! You win! Hands down. *fist bump*

message 21: by Leta (new) - added it

Leta Blake Wow! OMG!! LOL! I'm laughing and smiling so hard right now! Whooooooo!!! :D

message 22: by Gigi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gigi Breann wrote: "So.... you liked it then?"

*hot chocolate out-the-nose snort* ouch...

message 23: by Ann (new) - added it

Ann I love you so much JL!
I just wish I knew how you felt about this book ;)

Jenni Lea Breann wrote: "So.... you liked it then?"

Maybe just a smidge. LOL!

message 25: by Leta (new) - added it

Leta Blake Monica, the author probably isn't supposed to respond, but, hey, I'm here, so I will. I hope that's okay. If not, ignore me!!! :) The answer to your question is that it pushes some boundaries, but the book isn't exactly *about* the BDSM--like there aren't leather clad twinks wearing collars and leashes trailing behind big daddy doms sporting ass-less chaps. But it's not fluffy either. Hopefully the BDSM/sex scenes are all character/storyline/emotionally driven and the activities make sense based on the personalities of the characters. That was my goal anyway. :) To answer your question with specifics would kind of spoil the book in a lot of ways and give the wrong impression of the book in others. The bare words of what is done (hopefully) doesn't really encompass the actuality of it within the book itself. At least, that's what I was going for. :) I'm thrilled--completely overwhelmed and thrilled--by the response to this book so far. If you do give it a try, Monica, I hope you find it enjoyable. :)

Breann Jenni Lea wrote: "Breann wrote: "So.... you liked it then?"

Maybe just a smidge. LOL!"

hehe... ;)

Glad you loved it! I'll have to try and move it up. I definitely won't get to it in Dec though :/

Jenni Lea Leta wrote: "Wow! OMG!! LOL! I'm laughing and smiling so hard right now! Whooooooo!!! :D"

Well, I'm bowing down to you right now. *bows down*
You are amazing! :D

Jenni Lea Ann wrote: "I love you so much JL!

And I love that you love me Ann!
Sorry about the review. I know it was pretty vague. ;P

message 29: by Ann (new) - added it

Ann Jenni Lea wrote: "Ann wrote: "I love you so much JL!

And I love that you love me Ann!
Sorry about the review. I know it was pretty vague. ;P"

I love that our Secret Santa loves us all enough to make sure we read this one. I CAN'T WAIT!

SheReadsALot Leta wrote: "the BDSM--like there aren't leather clad twinks wearing collars and leashes trailing behind big daddy doms sporting ass-less chaps. But it's not fluffy either. Hopefully the BDSM/sex scenes are all character/storyline/emotionally driven and the activities make sense based on the personalities of the characters. "

What?! NO BIG DADDY DOMS sporting ass-less chaps? ;) But I like those! Can there maybe be one in the next book please?

Ass-less chaps are always on trend. Or so I heard.

SheReadsALot Ann wrote: "Jenni Lea wrote: "Ann wrote: "I love you so much JL!

And I love that you love me Ann!
Sorry about the review. I know it was pretty vague. ;P"..."

Jenni Lea Leta wrote: "Monica, the author probably isn't supposed to respond, but, hey, I'm here, so I will. I hope that's okay. If not, ignore me!!! :) The answer to your question is that it pushes some boundaries, but ..."

Your goal was achieved in spades! The execution (IMO) was perfection. ♥

message 33: by Monica (new) - added it

Monica Leta wrote: "Monica, the author probably isn't supposed to respond, but, hey, I'm here, so I will. I hope that's okay. If not, ignore me!!! :) The answer to your question is that it pushes some boundaries, but ..."

Oh no I think its great you responded :). Didn't expect details, I'll get that when I read it, which I will, :). Just not a big fan of heavy BDSM so just needed to make your I'd be able to stomach it. Thanks for the response.

I should have known that Jenni wouldn't lead me wrong. She's been spot on with the books she's picked for me.

message 34: by Monica (new) - added it

Monica Jenni Lea wrote: "Monica wrote: "Thanks for the recommend. But I need to know how heavy the BDSM is?"

Thanks!

message 35: by Gigi (last edited Dec 08, 2013 04:42PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gigi Jenni Lea wrote: "Monica wrote: "Thanks for the recommend. But I need to know how heavy the BDSM is?"

I'll comment on this too, from another reader's perspective. I think BDSM is the wrong word. This was much more about the ability to give up control and find safety and sanctuary in another person. It was more of a power exchange. Maybe that is the basic definition of BDSM? I'm not an expert, but when I think BDSM (which I love to read!) I think leather and gag balls and dungeons, etc. You'll find none of that here. This D/s relationship is very, very different and one the reasons I think it is resonating so strongly with so many of us readers.

message 36: by Ann (last edited Dec 08, 2013 04:43PM) (new) - added it

Ann Monica wrote: "Leta wrote: "Monica, the author probably isn't supposed to respond, but, hey, I'm here, so I will. I hope that's okay. If not, ignore me!!! :) The answer to your question is that it pushes some bou..."

message 37: by Ann (new) - added it

Ann SheReadsALot wrote: I know, right? That Secret Santa (who I will now picture as a big daddy Dom with ass-less chaps since it's on my brain) was great! Totally appreciative. :D

yummmmmmmmmm to all of that visual there.

message 38: by Monica (new) - added it

Monica Gigi wrote: "Jenni Lea wrote: "Monica wrote: "Thanks for the recommend. But I need to know how heavy the BDSM is?"

Good take. This I can handle and appreciate. Thanks for your POV.

SheReadsALot Gigi wrote: "Jenni Lea wrote: "Monica wrote: "Thanks for the recommend. But I need to know how heavy the BDSM is?"

So like D/s tones or sugarkink, then?

message 40: by Monica (new) - added it

Monica Ann wrote: "Monica wrote: "Leta wrote: "Monica, the author probably isn't supposed to respond, but, hey, I'm here, so I will. I hope that's okay. If not, ignore me!!! :) The answer to your question is that it ..."

So true. Thanks to one of the monthly challenges, I got a pick from here and have benefited every since with more of her recommendations. With so many books out there its so hard to know about everything. So its good to have book friends that keep me updated on the must read books. I'm not sure I would have found this one on my own.

SheReadsALot Ann wrote: "SheReadsALot wrote: I know, right? That Secret Santa (who I will now picture as a big daddy Dom with ass-less chaps since it's on my brain) was great! Totally appreciative. :D

yummmmmmmmmm to all..."

*wink*

♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ Gigi wrote: "Jenni Lea wrote: "Monica wrote: "Thanks for the recommend. But I need to know how heavy the BDSM is?"

Yup, totally agree, fantastic explanation.

As was yours, Leta, being the author and all. ;) LOL

message 43: by Ann (new) - added it

Ann Gigi wrote: "Jenni Lea wrote: "Monica wrote: "Thanks for the recommend. But I need to know how heavy the BDSM is?"

See, I really like that. When the "rules" that I really don't know anyway, are thrown out the window and the characters just let go and do what works for them. I like that WAY better than any defined kink. It seems so much more real and believable.

OMFG I can't wait to read this one!!!! Thanks to everyone for gushing about the awesomeness so epically!

message 44: by Jenni Lea (last edited Dec 08, 2013 04:51PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenni Lea Ann wrote: "JL always steers you right doesn't she? If she's reviewing all in caps she's recommending a keeper!
"

*blushes*
D'awwww you guys. I ♥ you all.

message 45: by Monica (new) - added it

Monica This is my first book by Leta Blake. She's written more books I see. Maybe this won't be my last read by her.

Jenni Lea SheReadsALot wrote: "So like D/s tones or sugarkink, then?
"

Yes to D/s tones. Not sure about the sugarkink. What is that exactly?

message 47: by Ann (new) - added it

Ann SheReadsALot wrote: Yeah. He's pawing himself wait to read our reviews for the book, grunting, feeling on his big ol' body. He's big all over BTW.

*wink*

*shivers* - he's a Santa bear isn't he?

SheReadsALot Ann wrote: "SheReadsALot wrote: Yeah. He's pawing himself wait to read our reviews for the book, grunting, feeling on his big ol' body. He's big all over BTW.

*wink*

*shivers* - he's a Santa bear isn't he?"

No! No Santa jizz allowed! *waggles finger* Ann!

He's a muscley big bottomed Dom with a massive package and a lot of patience for his boy/sub. And he likes to use his toys...a lot.

♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ Ann wrote: "Gigi wrote: "Jenni Lea wrote: "Monica wrote: "Thanks for the recommend. But I need to know how heavy the BDSM is?"

Ann, you are so spot: no typical rules here, just something very real that works in the relationship.

Have funnnnnn!!!

Jenni Lea SheReadsALot wrote: "Ann wrote: "SheReadsALot wrote: Yeah. He's pawing himself wait to read our reviews for the book, grunting, feeling on his big ol' body. He's big all over BTW.

*wink*

*shivers* - he's a Santa bea..."

LOL! I wonder how our real Secret Santa (unofficial of course) feels about being a big bottomed Dom. :D

« previous 1