Jasmine 's Reviews > Royal Blood

Royal Blood by Ellen Schreiber

Nov 18, 2009

it was ok
Read in November, 2009

I'm not sure how I feel about this series...it just seems a little immature for me. The entire series seems more like one continuous fanfiction story then actual books. There's a definite beginning, middle, and end. There aren't many twists and turn in the story; there's one problem and it gets solved. That's basically the entire book.
One big thing that annoys me is how Alexander and Raven are so in love, but then there are random parts when she's attracted to Trevor! If she's soooo in love I wouldn't expect her to even THINK about another boy.
Also, the whole goth and vampire thing is kind of over the top. I think that Raven describes Alexander as her "vampire boyfriend" or "vampire prince" way to much. And she constantly makes comments on her goth attire. I get it! She's a goth! It doesn't have to be pointed out EVERY paragraph.
The series is an overall okay series, each book is a really fast, easy read. But if there are other books you really want to read, read those first. It's not a book thats like "OMG I HAVE TO READ THAT RIGHT AWAY," its not nearly that good. And I would definitely NOT recommend buying this book, just get it from the library.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Royal Blood.

11/18/2009 page 43
03/10/2016 marked as: read

Lydia Strope I totally agree! I read the first 3 and those were ok but when i went to read 4 and 5 the books just weren't going anywhere. Like you said each book has a problem then it gets solved and i just got bored i got to chapter 3 i think..in Royal Blood i just couldn't finish it :) But the first couple i liked :)

message 2: by Allie (new) - added it

Allie I agree completely about the book having a beginning, middle, and an end. I just read book 6 before 5 and had no idea I missed a book in between!