Barb (Boxermommyreads)'s Reviews > The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line

The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line by Rob Thomas

bookshelves: 2015

First I have to admit I have never seen a Veronica Mars episode, although I plan on changing that sometime this year. However, I did watch the movie which came out last year and really enjoyed it. I was also approved for an early copy of Book #2, which is released January 20th so I checked this out from my local library and consumed it over the holidays.

I really wasn't as lost as I thought I might be. The book provides enough back story and everything made sense and fell into place. While this is a good mystery, what made the book even better was Veronica and the other characters. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Mac and wish she would get her own story someday. I also love Veronica's snarkiness - snark is my favorite thing in a character. Veronica has an endearing relationship with her father, which I can relate to, and I can't wait to see how things progress with Logan.

I assume all hard-core fans have already devoured this book or have it languishing on their TBR pile. However, I would recommend it to people who, like me, never got caught up in the series, as it is a well-written, fun read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line.

December 5, 2013 – Shelved