Hooked On Books's Reviews > Clutch

Clutch by Tess Oliver

Clutch is book two in Tess Oliver's Custom Culture series, although this is the second book it can be read as a stand alone. I haven't read book one and it didn't hinder the flow at all because the first is about a different couple where Clutch and Taylor are just supporting characters. I like that the story is told from both Clutch and Taylor's point of view as I find it gives their story more depth. Taylor is a mischievous young woman that knows exactly what she wants and easily gets herself into trouble whether she meant to or not, she's sarcastic and antagonistic and she's completely in love with James 'Clutch' Mason, she acts like she hates him since coming back from Florida because he didn't openly reciprocate her feelings. Clutch has realised that he does infact feel the same way that Taylor does and now cant do or say anything that doesn't make her cry. The supporting characters are fantastic and a great bunch of people. There are some ups and downs and a few rough turns of events and it looks like Clutch and Taylor will never be together. The story was good and the characters relateable but the end of the book felt just a little rushed and I would have liked to know what happened after the last page. Hopefully Tess Oliver will carry on the series and touch on Clutch and Taylor some more. I really hope that Barrett, Clutch's little brother, gets a book because after all that guy went through in this one he deserves it. 4 Stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clutch.

Finished Reading