Sebrina 's Reviews > These Broken Stars

These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman

I have had the honor to review several books from Disney Hyperion this past year and they have easily become one of my favorite YA publishers. I really wish I had reviewed These Broken Stars back in August when I finished reading it so that it would be fresher in my mind. But at the time, like many other reviewers on GoodReads, I just couldn't formulate my thoughts about this book into words. But I can confidently say I really enjoyed it though!

For starters the cover is gorgeous! I know we shouldn't judge a book by it's cover but I would totally pick this book up to read just because of that pretty artwork.

Secondly, I love me a good sci-fi/space story. And this one had a fun sort of space Titanic twist.
I loved the layout of the chapters and how we could hear the story from both Tarver and Lilac's POV. And the interview sequences provided interesting foreshadowing throughout. Plus the characters themselves were the kind that pulled you in and kept you reading.

I will say that the ending (while I'm happy was not as depressing as could have been) was a bit too convenient. It created a plot twist that I'm not entirely happy with. This does of course mean that I have no clue what will happen in the sequels and definitely makes me want to read them.

These Broken Stars will be released on Tuesday, so if you preorder your copy from Amazon now it will arrive right at your door in no time :)

I received a free review copy of this book from the publishers via NetGalley but the opinions expressed here are my own.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read These Broken Stars.

Started Reading