~♥*Marianna*♥~'s Reviews > Stargazing from Nowhere

Stargazing from Nowhere by Isabel  Thomas

did not like it
bookshelves: moved

Hated it.

This book is just a moral lesson badly disguised as a romance.

The moral lesson is to not write bad reviews of artists' work online because it will hurt their feelings and/or ruin their career. If you do write such things then it means that you are a small minded person who is jealous of their success.

Bullshit.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stargazing from Nowhere.

Started Reading
November 10, 2013 – Finished Reading
December 4, 2013 – Shelved
December 6, 2013 – Shelved as: moved

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)

message 1: by Petra Eggs (new)

Petra Eggs I can't believe that GR are going to delete this review. There is nothing in it that is against the author. It's a summary of the book from your point of view and a comment on it. Is this the beginning of no negative reviews? Are we only going to be allowed to write positive ones?

Actually your review wouldn't put me off the book. I quite like the premise of it and would wonder why you disagreed with it so vehemently that I might read it. So the author really loses if they/fan club flagged it for deletion.

message 2: by ~♥*Marianna*♥~ (last edited Feb 14, 2014 10:04AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

~♥*Marianna*♥~ Oopsie. Goodreads closed the discussion but I would like to thank people for confirming that this review really hasn't broken any guidelines.

For a second there I was worried that my grasp of the English language was slipping.

It really is a mystery how Goodreads could have categorized this review as "predominantly about the author's behavior and not about the book".

I'll see if they reply to my emails. :)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) What a succinct summarization of what sounds like an interesting plotline!

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan No guidelines are broken that I can see, and the discussion here is still open. Ugh.

message 5: by ~♥*Marianna*♥~ (last edited Feb 14, 2014 10:36AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

~♥*Marianna*♥~ Lol. I just noticed that the rating's details graph of this book is flipping me off!

It's just that kind of day.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* There's nothing wrong with the review, as I said in the discussion before they closed it. I still think it was someone just quickly going through flagged stuff and just being lazy.

message 7: by ♡Karlyn P♡ (new)

♡Karlyn P♡ Has Goodreads acknowledge yet that your comment was referring to the character and plot within the book, and not about any kerfuffle with the real-life author?

I can see the confusion, so a bit of clarity might help. Still, it is a perfectly valid review given the context of the book.

message 8: by ~♥*Marianna*♥~ (last edited Feb 14, 2014 01:35PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

~♥*Marianna*♥~ Nope. I haven't heard anything from Goodreads yet.

message 9: by ♡Karlyn P♡ (last edited Feb 14, 2014 01:38PM) (new)

♡Karlyn P♡ And you probably have no idea who complained either. I doubt the author did since she would know you were talking about the plot. This is so weird. Good luck!

message 10: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl Maybe if you took the bit about bad reviews and artists and enclosed it within quotes: "As Aristotle once wrote, ----." That way it would be Aristotle's opinion.

~♥*Marianna*♥~ Lobstergirl wrote: "Maybe if you took the bit about bad reviews and artists and enclosed it within quotes: "As Aristotle once wrote, ----." That way it would be Aristotle's opinion."

Pffttt... I almost chocked laughing.

Thanks for the advice!