FlibBityFLooB's Reviews > Educating Caroline

Educating Caroline by Patricia Cabot

Nov 17, 2009

bookshelves: read-in-2010, era-victorian, historical, suffrage, zzauthor-cabot-meg

Brief plot summary: a Victorian era betrothed woman accidentally sees her promised in a very comprimising position on the couch with another woman in the middle of a dinner party. Torn about canceling the wedding because her fiancé saved her brother's life in the past, the heroine sets out to win his heart by requesting lessons in seduction from a notorious rake.

I really enjoyed aspects of this book, and even chuckled a few times. However, I felt it could have been trimmed down about 100 pages in the end to make it a little less long-winded. I did enjoy the book. I always love the idea of a woman seeking out her own solution to a problem, and it amused me to see Caroline asking Braden to teach her and give her lessons to win her fiancé's attention back.

I would not recommend it if you don't like the idea of infidelity appearing in your romance novel. On the other hand, if the idea of games of pursuit being played between man/woman floats your boat, this book will likely please you.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Educating Caroline.

November 17, 2009 – Shelved