Eryn's Reviews > Breaking Dawn

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer

Nov 17, 2009

bookshelves: read-in-2009, breathtaking
Recommended to Eryn by: WHO HASN'T?

** spoiler alert ** I feel like crying as I write the review for the last Twilight Saga book. The series was amazing, and I will never forget it. Surely Stephenie Meyer has made a difference in my life, how I look at different people, and what I would have never guessed that I would have changed my mind about, vampires. I used to think that they were just stupid for dumb Halloween shows but the meaning of it has not changed, but become greater. I won't forget the way I saw it before, nor after, but I don't think I will ever be satisfied with a book about it ever again unless 3 things are involved, Edward, Bella, and Stephenie Meyer. She has truly captured the hearts of many, including me, and I hope the best for her and her writing.
The Book 1 in Breaking Dawn "Bella" was great. I thought that it was nice how Jacob decided to return, and how Bella finally got married. I say it like that not because I wanted them to, trust me. I would have much rather have Bella spend the rest of her life with Jacob, but then again not. But I say finally in such a way because I was tired of reading about it. I am not going to criticize Stephenie Meyer for keeping it in the books so long, it was probably, as always, just me.
I thought the honeymoon was unique, and I loved how the pillow, bed-board, and Bella's dress were destroyed. I couldn't help myself from laughing time to time in all these books (from Jacob the most).
When Bella found out she was having a baby, I didn't know how to feel. So I was quite glad they turned to Jacob's point of view shortly after.
I was in absolute heaven when Meyer put Book 2 "Jacob" from Jacob's point of view. He was my hands down favorite character throughout the books, and I was thrilled to see from his point of view of the situation.
When Bella gave birth to Renesmee and was turned into a vampire, at first I was furious. I was glad Meyer went back to Bella's point of view, I couldn't bear to think how it must have been for Jacob after it all and how it went down. Jacob still being able to see Bella and they could both still be friends made me so blissful, you couldn't imagine. He was such a joy to have in the books. He still made me laugh once in a while as always, so I was content in that way.
Renesmee was a very powerful character in the book. She became a very important character and I think that Jacob imprinting on her and Nahuel soon joining him wasn't a big surprise. Well, at least for Jacob it wasn't. Everyone sort of assumed that after it was all done and his chance was lost with Bella as a wife, that he would take the next best thing. I was happy that Jacob was have a wife in the end, (if Nahuel didn't end up winning) and that Jacob would still be part of the story for a long time even though I realize I can't read it.
Bella being able to make her shield in the end was nice, and I got that same laugh again as a smile ripped across my face when she was able to show Edward what she was thinking. I think it was totally approriate and was the perfect ending to the series.
I will never forgot the feelings I felt, my favorite parts, and my new perspective on things that I have learned just from a series. If Stephenie Meyer could just realize she has the power to make the world different, to just keep writing, I would be as satisfied as to be. Great work, Stephenie, you changed my life for the better.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breaking Dawn.

November 17, 2009 – Shelved
November 17, 2009 –
page 8
1.06% "I hope for the best"
November 19, 2009 –
page 200
26.46% "BELL...SO...STUPID!! JUST KILL THE DANG THING!! UGHHHH!"
Started Reading