Joood Hooligan's Reviews > Through the Door

Through the Door by Jodi McIsaac

Wow! This book. Where do I begin?

I was given a copy of it from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. It looked pretty interesting, and I'm a fan of Fantasy, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

When I started it, I figured I'd read a few pages before bed just to get into it like I usually do when starting a new book. That soon turned into way past my bedtime and I only managed to put it down because I reminded myself that I need to be coherent for work.

That continued to happen every time I picked it up. I would immediately become so immersed in the story that I'd forget to sleep. Who needs sleep when you have good books, right?

Anyway, more than once I had to close the book and wall away because the feelings it gave me were much too strong and I was in public areas... didn't need the people around me looking at me like I'm some alien being as I clutched my chest and tried to hang on while the book tried to kill me.

I really loved the characters. Maybe not how they all acted, but they made the story what it was. I very much recommend this book. It's easily 5/5 platypires.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Through the Door.

December 3, 2013 – Shelved