Heather's Reviews > Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder

Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke

120282
Oct 16, 2007

did not like it

The only reason I read the book in its entirety is because I was traveling and had nothing else to read in English. Aside from the flimsy plot and even flimsier characters, the thing that irked me most about the book was when the author tried to dress up her writing with mixed metaphors and other weak attempts at plumping up the lackluster text. "She was going to have a shiner the size of the Grand Canyon," and "She looked at the chisel-faced anchorman" ???!! Yes, I know what she meant, but I can't help thinking that no one, no matter how handsome, would appreciate their facial shape being likened to an oblong tool used to gouge things.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder.

message 1: by Kimz (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:12PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kimz Zahour Thanks Heather! I'll stay away from this one... maybe even this author. Or have you read her other books?
I hope you had a nice trip anyway. :D Were you traveling abroad?

message 2: by Heather (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:16PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Heather Hi Kim,

I was in Germany visiting my brother and then we went to Slovenia, Budapest, and Prague. I'd never been to any of the countries before, so it was an amazing experience! We even found my great, great grandfather's house in Slovenia!

I haven't read any other books by this author, but I think the Strawberry Shortcake Murder and others with equally silly titles would be on par with this one. I know some people really like them, but I believe no one considers them to be great writing, more along the lines of fluff.

message 3: by Kimz (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:18PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kimz Zahour Wow! That sounds fantastic! I'm glad you had a nice trip. :D

Julia There seems to be a sub genre of cozy mysteries where a primary conflict in the books is women who can't stand up to their mothers. It's not cute or entertaining; it's sad and annoying. Grow a pair (cojones or ovaries, I don't care which) and tell your mother to buzz off. I won't read any more stories about hapless women who can't stand up for themselves - this is one.