Jasmine's Reviews > Not Another Bad Date

Not Another Bad Date by Rachel Gibson

Nov 16, 2009

bookshelves: contemporary-romance
Read in December, 2009

I can't say this was a must-read book in romance but it wasn't a time waster either. Basically, this book was just another fun and fast read by Rachel Gibson.

Adele Harris is a beautiful and successful 35 year-old writer who has been unlucky in love for the past 3 years. Lousy date after lousy date, she is begining to wonder if there is something wrong with her which turns normal nice guys into losers.

Then, a family matter occurs and she has to go back to her hometown in Texas to help her sister for a couple of months. Going back home brings back the memories of the reason she left there in the first place; a gorgeous 6'4" football player who was her first love and broke her heart into pieces 14 years ago at college.

Zach Zemaitis; a former NFL quarterback, now a high school football coach has lived an unhappy marriage. He has been away from his daughter for most of her life and he finds himself as a full-time dad when his wife dies 3 years ago. When he runs into Adele one day, he remembers the beautiful and sweet girl he once dated at college. He cannot resist the attraction between them but Adele doesn't want to make the same mistake twice, if only she can tell this to her treacherous heart.

I love it when the leading characters have a past together and how it binds them together later on in their relationship. Also, I like the fact that what the characters have together isn't like a cotton candy perfect love (as in all other Rachel Gibson books) their relationship is realistic enough to wonder how they finally will end up with each other.

The humor made me giggle, the Texan love of football intrigued me enough to learn about it more and the existence of true love once again melt my heart. Still, I can't help but wonder why the need of a dead character that served no real purpose to the story, and why bother with curses either? Couldn't she simply have bad dates without the paranormal interference?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Not Another Bad Date.

12/04/2009 page 70