Dawn Smith's Reviews > On Solid Ground

On Solid Ground by Michelle Kemper Brownlow

I received an ARC of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.
I don’t even know how to begin this review. This book has totally bowled me over and turned me into an emotional wreck. I cried big old nasty tears while reading Gracie and Jake’s story. On Solid Ground is powerful, painful and healing. This is a story full of characters that are just trying to live without the shadow of their pasts dictating their futures, but to do that they are forced to face the pain and trauma head on. This book will leave you breathless. It is one of those books that makes you grateful for the written word. The plot is thoughtful and almost poetic. It felt like, at times, that I was inside the heads of these characters. The author has an amazing way with words and descriptions and she also has the amazing ability to make the reader feel what the character is feeling whether good or bad. There are times while I was reading this book that I just had to step back and take a moment to breathe. i am so grateful that I had the opportunity to read this amazing book and so grateful that I got to meet Gracie and Jake. I recommend this book to everyone. Big old 5 out of 5 stars from this adoring reader.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On Solid Ground.

Started Reading