Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews's Reviews > Unforgettable Summer

Unforgettable Summer by Sami Lee

bookshelves: guiltypleasures-slick

Slick‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Review copy provided for an honest review

4 STARS

I’m must admit I have a thing for surfers; there’s just something sexy about anyone who would go against Mother Nature with just a thin board and the will to be stronger than the wave. And while Ty Butler was brave enough to do this in his professional life, his personal life is another story. He never quite got over the shy, innocent Summer Campbell that tore his heart in two. Torn apart by Ty’s burgeoning career and Summer’s loyalty to her family seeing each other after 10 years the one thing they can’t deny is the intense attraction and heat they still feel for one another.

The first thing I thought when these two meet again after so much time is how different their lives are and how little in common they seem to have. There was no doubting the sexual chemistry so when they decide to embark on a “fling” to “get it out of their system; it seemed like a good idea, right? While I won’t deny their encounters were ridiculously hot, often frantic, exciting, and at times a little bit naughty there was more to it but neither one was willing to risk the hurt again to admit it. I really felt so bad for these two because it was so obvious they never got over that first love and they seemed doomed to repeat that mistake again.

This was a hard story for me to read because in my heart I knew these two belonged together but they seemed determined to not let it happen permanently and both were pretty entrenched in their lives and careers. I’m thankful for the outside forces that seemed to help them both realize that sometimes you have to take a chance, make that leap, be brave and face that wave to get what you truly want from life.

Unforgettable Summer is a great love story about two people who have to wait for that perfect wave to get the ride of their lives. Thankfully they both realized it was worth waiting for!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unforgettable Summer.

Started Reading