Christine's Reviews > The Eve

The Eve by Keary Taylor

bookshelves: arr

A bit of warning, THE EVE is the third and final book in the Eden Trilogy. Slight spoilers may be ahead if you haven't read the other books. And if you haven't read them, shame on you. Get to it!!

After Eve finds out that she is the one and only person or thing that can save the 0.12% left of the human race, she goes on a mission with the help of Dr. Evans, West, Avian, and Bill to go back to where it all started: NovaTor Biotics. This facility is not only where Eve was saved and turned into a hybrid, it's also where the apocalypse of the human race started. Nobody is thrilled to be going but it's imperative that they find the tools and codes necessary to take out the billions of Bane, once and for all.

Eve was once again fantastic. She finally has an absolute sense of purpose. She knows that she's the key to everything and it gives her such a sense of strength and determination. She finally knows exactly who she is supposed to be with and the emotional and physical drama that happened between her, West, and Avian is over. Her and Avian's relationship was lovely and I loved the tender moments they shared with each other when shit wasn't hitting the fan. She also is no longer struggling with her emotions and feelings. I almost forget that she was this crazy and awesome human-TorBane hybrid.

The plot was exactly what I love about this series: thrilling, intense, scary, and full of twists and turns that I didn't see coming. It's nonstop action and kept me glued to the "pages." On their journey, Eve had a sense of dread that everything was going too easy and that something bad was bound to happen. I hated when she mentioned this because then I started to get uneasy too.

One thing that Taylor knows how to do is surprise the crap out of us and leave us hanging onto her every word to know what is going to happen and how it's going to end. I was never expecting the ending that she wrote. It was happy (which I didn't expect) and then the next page I start bawling my eyes out. I literally cried for the last 20% of the book. (view spoiler) This ending felt complete, purposeful, and despite tearing me apart emotionally, it felt right. And then the last thing I ever thought to happen happened!

If you haven't read this series, I strongly urge you to! Yes, the first book is filled with Eve's emotional struggles between two people she thinks she loves. But as Eve's story progresses, she comes into her own, learns how to be more human, and how to differentiate between love and friendship. THE EVE was exactly the ending to Eve's story that was needed. It was exactly the ending to everyone's story in New Eden that was needed. It sewed up every loose end, gave each character we came to love an ending best fit for them, and it completely concluded Eve's transformation from a lost girl with no sense of who she was or why she was here to a strong, capable, brave, and loved girl who knows what it means to have a family. Taylor knows how to conclude a trilogy and did it perfectly.

I received an ebook copy from the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

This review can be found at: The Bookish Daydreamer

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Eve.

December 1, 2013 – Started Reading
December 1, 2013 – Shelved
December 1, 2013 – Shelved as: arr
December 5, 2013 –
74.0% "why doesn't she just make them leave? I don't get why she insists on fighting them"
90.0% "soooo many tears"
December 5, 2013 –
97.0% "OMG OMG!! I was so hoping for that to happen! Yay!!"
December 5, 2013 – Finished Reading