Larissa's Reviews > Underground

Underground by Kat Richardson

Nov 15, 2009

Series Review! No Spoilers!
Series Rating: 3.5 Stars!
{Previously Published on my blog: Welcome to Larissa's Bookish Life"

I can’t remember how or when I found out about the Greywalker Series, I do remember it was on one of my many and constant hunts for new Urban Fantasy series.

Harper Blaine is a P.I. and one day, during an investigation, she gets attacked by a man and dies, for exactly two minutes. That is when everything changes for Harper and finds out that there is much more to the world than she originally thought.

Harper is a Greywalker, a person that has the ability to walk through the Grey, a world between worlds, where time and space are a matter of discussion.

I have to say that The Greywalker series is not my favorite Urban Fantasy series, but it definitely has won over a little corner of my heart, specially when Quinton, Harper’s love interest and a an that is much more than he appears.

I think that for me the series is missing a bit more romance, though I know it’s supposed to be Urban Fantasy and not Paranormal Romance. I can’t help but want more, there are so many UF series out there that do a wonderful and highly successful job in mixing the gritty and romance.

I’m not saying that there isn’t romance, there is and I LOVE the dynamic between Harper and Quinton, but I feel that Harper can be a bit cold sometimes. However I do think she is a great reluctant heroine that definitely steps up to the plate when the need arises.

Greywalker is a series full of action, interesting plots and characters. A definite must read for Urban Fantasy fans that cannot help but love non-stop action and high stales storylines.

Least Favorite Book in The Series So Far: Greywalker, but just because so much changes in the following novels and I like them more =)

Favorite Book in The Series So Far: Underground, mainly because of Harper and Quinton’s relationship.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Underground.