Laura the Highland Hussy's Reviews > The Wolf

The Wolf by Jean Johnson

2043222
Nov 14, 2009

I liked this book better than the first The Sword I think because it was a little less silly. the romance was sweet. A girl (Alys) who used to play with the brothers as a child, fell in love with Wolfer when she was a little girl. But her parents were killed in a flood, and she was sent to live with her uncle-an uncle of the brothers in a not blood-kin way.
Well, she finally escaped the abusive uncle, who by the way was the mage sending the creepy crawlies to the island. So, Alys meets up with Wolfer and they are instantly attracted to each other, but when he shapeshifts into a horse and the motion of riding him bareback gets her off! wtf? really? Really? I mean has anyone actually ridden bareback? There's only bumping and pain. Not the rubbing motion that gets her off.
Other than that, I really liked the book, and will definitely read the next one. I think the running theme of the Disaster that had Saber falling in love in more than just their brother Dominor being kidnapped, and their evil uncle..but we'll just have to see.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wolf.

November 14, 2009 – Shelved