Luke Burrage's Reviews > Saga, Vol. 1

Saga, Vol. 1 by Brian K. Vaughan

bookshelves: ebook, comic-book

This is really good!

Full review on my podcast, SFBRP episode #210.

I put this off until I bought an iPad with a Retina screen. Now I own one. I can see my comic book reading increasing from (on average) one attempt to start a comic per year to actually getting through some books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Saga, Vol. 1.

November 28, 2013 – Started Reading
November 30, 2013 – Shelved
November 30, 2013 – Shelved as: ebook
November 30, 2013 – Shelved as: comic-book
November 30, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)

Estelle And Vol. 2 is just as good, if not better!

Luke Burrage I already have volume 2, but I'm going to save it until I re-read volume 1 a few more times.

Estelle Not a bad idea :)
Are you going to review it (and maybe vol. 2) on the podcast?
Have you ever reviewed any graphic novels?

Luke Burrage Estelle wrote: "Not a bad idea :)
Are you going to review it (and maybe vol. 2) on the podcast?
Have you ever reviewed any graphic novels?"

I may review it, but while I have a lot of experience in reading novels, I have almost none in reading comics. Maybe I'll get Juliane to read it too, so at least I can have a conversation about it.

Peter it would be very nice to hear a review of my favorite current comic on sfbr

message 6: by Tamahome (last edited Nov 30, 2013 04:39AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tamahome Going to review it on the podcast? Locke and Key is good too.

Luke Burrage Tamahome wrote: "Going to review it on the podcast? Locke and Key is good too."

message 8: by Alexander (new)

Alexander Ex Machina, bro.

Ex Machina, Vol. 1 The First Hundred Days (Ex Machina, #1) by Brian K. Vaughan

Estelle Seeing a review of Saga in the Podcast feed today was a nice surprise! Can't wait to listen what you and Juliane thought of it.

message 10: by Michel (new)

Michel Clasquin-Johnson Sorry, Luke, but you're off your game. I listened to the podcast and it lacked your regular systematic exploration of the world of the book, the characters and the storyline. Which is OK in the Culture series of podcasts, in which you warn us that it is a read-along series. With this one, I was lost.

message 11: by Rodney (new)

Rodney Holmes I would recommend checking out understanding comics by Scott McCloud and his TED talkhttp://www.ted.com/talks/scott_mcclou....

It might help you understand comics better.