Julie's Reviews > Love Bats Last

Love Bats Last by Pamela Aares

bookshelves: favoritebooks

Alex Tavonesi is a famous baseball player and heir to a vineyard in northern California. When he bumps into Jackie Brandon snooping around his vineyard he’s instantly attracted to her. Jackie works as a veterinarian at the California Marine Mammal Center. She must get to the bottom of why seals and sea lions are mysteriously dying. She discovers a poisons substance being dumped into the water close by the vineyards. Alex volunteers at the marine center to get closer to Jackie but the last thing she’s looking for is a relationship, especially with a jock. As their attraction grows, Alex is having a hard time staying focused on his big hitting season and Jackie is distracted from uncovering the truth.
The best way to describe this gripping romance story is “hot.” Alex is surprisingly a level headed sweetheart for being so rich and famous. Jackie is career minded and I enjoyed learning more about saving marine animals. My favorite reads are spin-off series by Nora Roberts and I’m happy to find another author I love reading as much. A great love story that will wrap you up in the steamy hot attraction between Alex and Jackie but the danger threatening their lives will keep you on edge.
I’m looking forward to reading all of the In the Heart of the Game Series.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Bats Last.

November 29, 2013 – Started Reading